Home Forums General Discussion Minocin source

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I believe that I discovered a source of Minocin that most people on here probably weren’t aware of. It appears that genuine, pelleted Minocin is being sold in Mexico under another name: Micromycin.

You can see what the capsules look like on this web page:
    https://www.farmalisto.com.mx/antibioticos/1099-comprar-micromycin-100mg-caja-con-10-capsulas-antibiotico-precio-7502264950389.html

This larger photograph clearly shows the pellets:
    https://www.farmalisto.com.mx/1450-thickbox_default/comprar-micromycin-100mg-caja-con-10-capsulas-antibiotico-precio-7502264950389.jpg

Here’s why I believe that Micromycin is rebranded Minocin:
    https://www.farmaciasanpablo.com.mx/medicamentos/supervision-medica/m—n—o/micromycin-oral-20-capsulas-caja/p/000000000002110361

I believe that photograph may be of an older box of Micromycin 50 mg capsules. The name of the manufacturer (Stiefel) is a big clue. Stiefel was the manufacturer of the Minocin that was formerly sold in Canada.

This message should not be misconstrued as a recommendation of Micromycin capsules. I do not believe that there is anything particularly special about pelleted minocycline, and I have found absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise. However, I have looked at the ingredients of many minocycline products and, out of all of them, Minocin is the one that comes closest to being hypoallergenic. That, I suspect, is probably the main reason that some people seem to do better on Minocin than on (some) generic minocycline products. If you are one of those persons, then it is for you that I am posting this information.

NOTE: Be very wary of ordering from any online Mexican pharmacy. There is at least one online Mexican “pharmacy” that will basically rob you by taking your money and not giving you anything except excuses as to why you never received your medicine. I have been searching for honest, reliable, online Mexican pharmacies, and so far I’ve found only one that may qualify, so at this point it’s only a potential source. Also, please do not discuss specific online Mexican pharmacies here, as this forum is not the place for such discussions.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi Phil –Its not the American minocin product –the American 100 mg was a Teal? and darker green pellets —I am not aware of the Stiefel colors up in Canada —perhaps someone who formerly used it can identify –I really dont know if 338. for 10 capsules is worthwhile or not —I personally wouldnt layout 2000. a month and still having serious doubt if its the real thing !!! From what I could see its made by Darier –perhaps you can put your world class research skills to work to find out origin —I have real doubts !!!

richie
    Participant

Hi More info —Micromycin is made by Darier Laboratorios Dermatologicos -a Mexico company –heres the kicker its a subsidiary of Glaxo Smith Klein –Stiefel is also a subsidiary of Glaxo —so I can figure that its the real deal –Stiefel Canadian version —–While I am doing fine on Torrent -if things went south -this is certainly an alternative !!! Thanks for the info Phil !!!!!!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Richie,

I really dont know if 338. for 10 capsules is worthwhile or not

Since that’s a Mexican website, I believe that the price is in Mexican pesos — they use the same symbol ($) as our dollar, which can be a bit confusing. The potential vendor that I found is currently selling Micromycin for $26.00 per box of ten 100 mg capsules.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Our minocin in Canada came in orange and dark blue/purple capsules

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.