Home Forums General Discussion Minocin news

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

I just found this intriguing article and thought I’d pass it along:
    Walgreens and Valeant Devise a New Twist on Preferred Pharmacy Networks

Valeant Pharmaceuticals is the new owner of Minocin, so it will be interesting to see how this arrangement affects the prices people will be paying for their prescriptions.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Good find Phil! I am consistently horrified to read about the prices US citizens are now being made to pay for Minocin.

These are probably the paragraphs of most interest to those around here I would think:

Beginning in the second half of 2016, Valeant will distribute more than 30 branded products with generic equivalents through Walgreens at generic prices. The products are in the dermatology, ophthalmology, gastrointestinal and neurology/other therapeutic areas

OBSERVATIONS

1) Valeant gets to play the good guy.

Valeant has become the poster child for bad pharma behavior. The price cut story provides a counterpoint to the shellacking the company took at last week’s congressional hearing. Watch the video below, where CEO J. Michael Pearson says that the products will be “sold directly to payers without all of the middlemen” and allow them to “offer cheaper prices in Walgreens.”

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.