Home Forums General Discussion Minocin location and blood pressure question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I am trying to make things easy without a lot of running around! Do you know if Target has an okay generic brand of Minocin? It is who we normally use, but I could go to Wal mart or a smaller pharmacy. Where have you had your best luck? I am going to start the first week on M W F 100 mgs. A day to make sure I can handle it. The next week I will go up to twice a day same schedule. Sounds like Ranbaxy is a good generic brand.

Please say a little prayer that my blood pressure will not rise. It has returned to mostly normal being off of doxy for three weeks. Has anyone had BPproblems that began with AP?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I get my generic Minocin at Walgreens, right around the corner from us.

Eva Holloway

BellaB
    Participant

Yes, Doxy 100mg MWF also gave another member of my family high blood pressure, they have now lowered their dose of Doxy to 50mg MWF to see if it helps, and if not are going to go back to Minocycline. Unfortunately the first time they tried Mino they got a massive week long headache and couldn’t tolerate it, that was at 100mg MWF, but they might need to try Mino down at 50mg MWF too if the Doxy blood pressure issue doesn’t resolve.

Has your blood pressure go down after stopping Doxy?

BellaB

Spiffy

Yes, my blood pressure has basically normalized after 3 weeks being off doxy. I took it the other morning and it was 116/71. Before doxy it was consistently around 110/70 so I am happy it has seemed to resolve enough. I am glad I did not realize this problem until I had been on doxy 2 and 1/2 months. My ra factor fell 17 points to 53. It will be interesting to see how it has changed being off doxy for this time. I am scared to start Mino, because I am afraid for side effects. I really want to be able to take it. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just had my bloodwork done…waiting for results.

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Spiffy

Eva, do you feel like your generic is effective? If so, what is the name of the company?

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Linda L
    Participant

Spiffy,
    What other medications do you take?
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy

I am on no other medications right now…only supplements. I just swallowed my first Ranbaxy tonight! I pray this is going to work!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I am scared to start Mino, because I am afraid for side effects. I really want to be able to take it.

spiffy what is it exactly that you are worried about in terms of mino?

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Spiffy

I am afraid it too will affect my blood pressure. I also worry it will contribute to my leaky gut. I have run out of probiotics…Nutrin…will pick up more today. I worry it will contribute to Candida. I do not want to take more Diflucon. I am taking Candisol. I have no outward signs of Candida, but my blood tested positive. I read that it can cause ra. That was disturbing. I am afraid I might get a bad headache and have to stop. I worry I might develop an allergy to it because it is stronger than doxy, and then I will not be able to take doxy. I want to try it, because there is less sun sensitivity, and has the potential to have an even better chance of getting my ra factor down. I am awaiting blood results. I am anxious to see what happened to my ra factor for the three weeks I was off doxy. I also changed my diet to leave off wheat, dairy, and eggs during this time and will continue. My rashes have improved by 98%. I am hopeful diet alone could change my factor.

I also question how much to take. My doc did not discuss this with me, but on the bottle it says twice a day every day. I am going to keep it at 100 mgs once a day MWF. Do you think this is enough to make any difference at all? I have heard more is not necessarily better, but many seem to do best on twice a day MWF or more. Thank you form your thoughts!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.