Home Forums General Discussion Mino does not work?

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

On the same team yes , but possibly not on the same planet………

Spiffy

Lemons, you put the fun in autoimmune! Thanks for the belly laugh!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

richie
    Participant

to :WORLD OF me -iF YOUR DOCTOR IS GIVING YOU MINOCYCLINE FOR A PROSTRATE CONDITION –DONT WALK –RUN AWAY FROM HIM –I just dont see a coherent plan of action –Unfortunately with this antibiotic protocol there are successful people and unsuccessful people -after 17 years being around here there is a pattern to all this -Suggest you reevaluate your approach and plan —for your own good —-

MLTelfer
    Participant

Minor technicality. The United States did not start the cold war. The Soviet Union did, and planned to do so well before the end of the war. But if you edit, no problem. This is not a history forum, or a history distortion forum.
    O topic, I repeat my advice to you – go see your doctor!!!!

PhilC
    Participant

to :WORLD OF me -iF YOUR DOCTOR IS GIVING YOU MINOCYCLINE FOR A PROSTRATE CONDITION –DONT WALK –RUN AWAY FROM HIM

He has chronic prostatitis, ReA, and urethritis. Minocycline has been found to be an effective treatment for chronic prostatitis (as long as the causative agent is sensitive).

See:
    Treatment of chronic prostatitis. Comparison of Minocycline and Doxycycline.
    Treatment of bacterial prostatitis. Comparison of cephalexin and minocycline.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Robert does not need an AP doctor -I do believe a different doctor might help -CORRECTION -brucelossis is not after poor Capt Bruce rather its after the Brucella bacteria that was discovered and named after David Bruce around the 1840’s that I think was before the cold war –maybe the Confederates had a Capt Bruce and spread this disease or maybe the Union sent Brucellosis down south –its a mystery –AS to eybroys –when I got scleroderma my eybroys vanished –dont need them anyway !!!! Is there a full moon now ?????????????????

enzed
    Participant

Worldofme – re Tooth Pain

I went to the dentist several times about pain in the same tooth but he found nothing wrong with it. Finally he worked out it was caused by a sinus issue on that side of my face. I took a course of a strong antibiotic (in addition to Doxy) and the pain stopped. I also began to use an antihistamine occasionally to keep the sinus clear. I also used a sinus flush a few times until it was completely unblocked. You might want to consider the a sinus infection is causing the tooth pain.

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

The last 2 posts in this thread have been removed because they contravene Forum Guidelines and are inflammatory.

Forum users are requested to familiarize themselves with and abide by the following guidelines:

Keep the primary focus of this community forum on discussion about, experiences with or questions about antibiotic protocols (AP) for rheumatic diseases and/or measures that may support and enhance the therapy
    Do not advertise or use the community forum for any commercial purpose
    Do not post any copyrighted material
    Do not use this forum to promote religious or political views
    Do not post the full names of physicians. Initials are acceptable
    Provide a locatable reference to the source of any scientific claims or quoted information
    Do not engage in personal attacks on any forum user (flaming)
    Ensure you have up-to-date anti-virus software installed on your computer

Forum Administrators may remove posts that violate any of the above guidelines and will ban users who consistently disregard them

Spiffy

Thank you!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

worldofme
    Participant

This drug is not working for my spondy. I’m seriously considering HUMIRA to bring inflammation under control.

The pain just sucks. All I hear is cracking of my spine when sitting or bending. Mino helped with elbow and knee joint but NOTHING for spine.

Anyone else in this situation?

Maz
    Keymaster

Worldofme, some people do use both a biologic, like humira or enbrel, and AP. Its not unusual for rheumies to prefer to use a biologic with a DMARD to prevent the biologic from losing effectiveness over time, so arguably, you could put the case for continuing to use mino as a DMARD. Later, as things settle, some folks are able to taper from their biologic. So, the combination isn’t unheard of, in other words. Hope you find some relief and good luck in your decision making.

lorene
    Participant

Dear Worldofme,
    I was diagnosed about 4 years ago with RA. Went to a rheumatologist and didn’t like what he had to say so I researched on the web. I found a fantastic doctor in Texas who has been treating me. Mino and flagyl take a while to work, be patient! It took me probably 8 months before I really saw a big difference. PATIENCE is the key but it is well worth the wait! I feel great! No pain or swelling. RA factor way down. Are you having tooth pain or jaw pain? Stick with the mino a while longer. Take care and have a Blessed day!
    Lorene

worldofme
    Participant

Lorene: I used to take Flagyl and it helped with my arthritis so much no one believe me. Then after going on and off on it, flagyl stopped working. I really loved that drug.

i started taking Humira and it has eliminated my spine pain. I want to get off this drug asap. I have luv and hate for humira at this point.

I didn’t know i could add doxy / Mino along with humira. Nice..Which is more safer?

Lorene: yes I have tooth aches, they come and go. When I was on flagyl that pain went away instantly along with joint pain. But all my symptoms return after stopping flagyl. Can you tell me more about how flagyl helped you?

My biggest concern was to control spine pain and Humira is doing that. However, I would like to treat the root cause.

I hate my rehum he’s dum. All he likes to do is push heavy drugs and will say No to abx. But I have ID doc who will prescribe abx if I ask for it.

worldofme
    Participant

Trimethoprim also helped my urethritis / prostate symptoms. I was on it for 3 weeks. After stopping that drug for 1 day, all symptoms return. Not sure if it was inflammation properties or actual drug that was helping.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.