Home Forums General Discussion mineral water etc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone,

my husband and I went on a trip to California to see our new grandson. He is so adorable. We stayed at a spa resort place, they had four pools with mineral water, no CHLORINE, and at various degrees of heat. My hands looked very good after bathing two days in the row in the mineral pool. The only drawback was after we left we had to use chlorinated water to bath. :headbang: Oh well, I have at least tried it and it seems to help. Maybe I should buy some mineral water and soak my hands in it once in awhile. I do have a chlorine free showerhead in my house, so that helps.

Went to see Dr. K. last Friday, she upped the Mino to 100mg twice a day, and brand name only. So I took it to then pharmacy and they told me I had to wait till they could get it. I have enough to use for another week on the generic one. She also ordered a long list of blood work. ( oh, the blood suckers at work haha :() She also asked me for my e-mail address so she could give me the info on the bloodwork as soon as she gets it in. She also put me on Lamisil, for six weeks, the fungus under my fingernails is still not all gone and she didn't want me to use Nizoral again since I had used that for 11 months. She also told me to go to 4000mg of Vitamin D3. I look that up and I am not sure what to do, somewhere it says that if you take too much it will stop the natural receptors to work. What is a person to do?

My back is still weak and I do my exercises daily. On the 18th of March I will start at the gym that is run by the physical therapy group. I talked to the director today and she will check me before I start so she can say what I have to start with.:D

My hands do look better and I am still using the Manuka honey lotion, and the honey itself. I actually ordered more lotion and also a lip balm since my lips look so chapped all the time.

Take care,

Eva

Eva Holloway

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Hi Eva,

where do you get the manuka lotion, balm, etc from?

thanks rebecca

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Rebecca,

I actually order it from New Zealand. It takes about 10 to 12 days and they do acccept credit cards. I order it from a place called “the honey shop”. If you go to Manuka honey it's the first one on the list. Once you order they have all your info and you don't have to fill out all the info again when re-ordering. They send a note telling you when the shipment has gone out and it usually gets to me in 10 days. If you order the Manuka honey strength under ten it's okay, over ten it gets to be strong tasting. I use it in my gluten-free hot rice cereal with a little butter.

You should have seen my hands before I started the Manuka honey and lotion. Nasty red and lots of little sores and constantly breaking open and bleeding. No they are lots better and I don't have much left of the Gottrons papuls

They even have soap with Manuka honey. I just use my chlorine free shower head and that helps a lot too. If you want the Manuka wound honey there is a place in California called “isabells” they sell it there, but the hand lotion, lip balm and honey I have to order from New Zealand.

If you need more info you can e-mail me at: holloway-eva@sbcglobal.net

Take care, stay well

Eva:blush:

Eva Holloway

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Eva,

thank you so much. I have this ulcer on my middle knuckle and it hurts so much for such a lil wound!!

thanks again,

rebecca

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Rebecca,

for you most likely the manuka wound honey will be better, the one from Isabell. after applying it you put a large band aid on it and replace it about every 12 hours. I didn this with two of my fingers. Find some large band aids, I mean the one that covers your whole finger. They are great. I know those ulcers hurt or actually feel like they are on fire.

take care, stay well. 😀

Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ mineral water etc’ is closed to new replies.