Home Forums General Discussion Mycoplasma N. In a ten year old with uveitis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ella
    Participant

I have a very close friend who’s daughter has uveitis, she was positive for Mycoplasma N. She has been on abx for over a year. Minocyclin is not a good match because she is too young. Her Lyme tests show some Lyme specific bands, but still not cdc positive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maz
    Keymaster

I have a very close friend who’s daughter has uveitis, she was positive for Mycoplasma N. She has been on abx for over a year. Minocyclin is not a good match because she is too young. Her Lyme tests show some Lyme specific bands, but still not cdc positive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ella,

Very sorry to hear about your friend’s little girl. 🙁

Do you know which antibiotics the child has been on so far and whether or not she has seen a LLMD or AP doc?

There was an article on the old website or reference to a study by Dr. Emil Wirostko (now passed), who was an ophthalmologist-researcher and Director of the microbiology lab at Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, and he found organisms when culturing the fluids of patients with uveitis and advocated antibiotic therapy. I think later in his researches, he speculated about two different forms of staph, staphylococcus aureus and staphylococcus hominis…but this is just from memory.

I came across an old news clipping in the Observor-Reporter, dated October 17th, 1974, entitled, “Infectious Agent May Be A Cause of Arthritis,” about Dr. Wirostko and it’s fascinating, because the description of what was found on microscopic cultures, “…shows a variety of microbe-like forms, ranging from clusters of cigar-like bodies to ‘spider-like’ tangled filaments.” Here is the link:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2519&dat=19741017&id=JfddAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WV8NAAAAIBAJ&pg=3721,3239638&hl=en

What does this sound like to you?

Another organism that has been studied for uveitis that also is a gram-negative, rod-like organism is bartonella.

http://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/content/d/retinal_insider/c/27334/

So, the reason I’m mentioning Lyme and bartonella is because you said the child had some Lyme-specific antibody bands. If so, bartonella can sometimes be in the equation, which is why I wondered which antibiotics she had been on. Also, if her treating doctor had done any testing to look for organisms in the eye? Thing is, the eye is teaming with bacteria in biofilm, but it’s when some organism is able to travel to the eye and find a nesting place to set up house. So, when this happens, it’s likely there are other opportunistic bugs holing up in the eye’s natural biofilm….so there could be a number of offenders in the mix, requiring a combination abx approach.

I’m speculating by following a few dots, of course, but hope the above might help you in your researches to assist your friend. If the child hasn’t seen a pediatric LLMD yet, might be helpful to suggest this….there are two of the best right here in the northeast.

Btw, I have heard of some folks having success with colloidal silver drops, but would not suggest trying this without an experienced doctor’s oversight.

ella
    Participant

Maz, you are truly a fountain of knowledge. I will pass this information to my dear friend. Thank you for all your support to people who are lost in a medical quandary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.