Home Forums General Discussion Message blacklisted again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vinny
    Participant

I continue to get blacklist message when I try to post. I go through the process and get it delisted and post. Next time I try to post it lists a different IP address. It so far has listed 5 different IP addresses and none of them are my IP address. there is a serious flaw in the system and I guess I need to stop trying to do post on Psoriatic Arthritis.
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Vinny I am overseas at the moment so may be difficult for me to help. Normally when system gives different IP addresses its when people login from a work computer and there are multiple IP addresses associated with it. Is that the case with you? If yes, for the moment its probably wise for you to just use computer from home. If no then perhaps one of Volunteers can send the query to webmaster.
    Work related IPs will sometimes show up on SPAM blacklists when someone (not you) has sent Spam post at some point.
    PS there is email address for forum difficulties: forumadmin@roadback.org

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

vinny
    Participant

It is my home computer and I am the only one that uses it and I only have one IP address. I’m about ready to give up on this website as I suspect many other people have that also can’t figure out what is going on
    vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Vinny,

What is so strange is that you’re getting a blacklist message, but still able to post on the forum? I’m a bit befuddled by that, though maybe Lynnie would know why. As she said, Lynnie is traveling at the moment, but if you send an email to the forumadmin@roadback.com address with a copy of the message you’re receiving, I’ll watch for it arriving and will fwd it to the webmaster for you.

The spam got out of control this past year and the webmaster had to set the filters higher on the software as it was taking volunteers hours upon hours to delete them all – a real waste of resources and a horrendous task. As you know, RBF is kept alive by unpaid volunteers and we’re doing what we can to protect this moderated forum as a free service to everyone. If there is a need to install more sophisticated software at some stage it could mean folks would have to cough up to join.

Frustrating for anyone getting these messages, but please bear with us…will do my best to ensure this issue is sorted out for you.

For anyone else getting a blocked IP message, please note the sticky message at the top of the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9453

You’ll get help faster if you jot an email to forumadmin@roadback.org as your email can then be easily fwded to the webmaster for service. Thanks!

vinny
    Participant

Thanks for your help Maz.
    I left a message for the forumadmin@roadback.org for the second time. What is even stranger, when I click on forumadmin@roadback.org in the body of your message I get a pop that says “Welcome to Outlook 2013” with instructions to install it. Maybe the problem is on my computer. The function the spam blacklist appears to be daily. In the message I get I click on http://www.spamhaus.org which goes to “appears in” CBL. I click on CBL and it takes me to another page and I click on “click on this link to delist” After an hour or so I can pull up my draft and post and can post rest of day. The next day if I try to post I get a blacklist message with a new IP address. Today was the 6th IP address it has blocked none of them mine.
    vinny

Maz
    Keymaster

@vinny wrote:

Thanks for your help Maz.
    I left a message for the forumadmin@roadback.org for the second time. What is even stranger, when I click on forumadmin@roadback.org in the body of your message I get a pop that says “Welcome to Outlook 2013” with instructions to install it. Maybe the problem is on my computer. The function the spam blacklist appears to be daily. In the message I get I click on http://www.spamhaus.org which goes to “appears in” CBL. I click on CBL and it takes me to another page and I click on “click on this link to delist” After an hour or so I can pull up my draft and post and can post rest of day. The next day if I try to post I get a blacklist message with a new IP address. Today was the 6th IP address it has blocked none of them mine.
    vinny

Vinny, thanks for this explanation. I have no idea what it means, but I’ve located your email dated Sept 23rd, to forum admin that Lynnie answered recently and will copy/paste these into a new email along with a link to this thread for the webmaster (with cc to you) to take a look at and analyse for you.

Tomorrow is the weekend (the webmaster may be off till next week) and both Lynnie and I will be in meetings next week. So I will ask the webmaster to work directly with you on this to try to solve it. I hope that is okay with you. In the meantime, if you want to post here, I’d suggest writing your post in Word or in some other format to save it before attempting to submit it here, so at least you won’t lose whole messages if this happens again until this can be resolved.

The problem could be to do with your system if you have some type of spyware or other bug that is hijacking or manipulating your system somehow, but it could also be a problem on the RBF software end. I always think if that if one person is having an issue, it’s possible others are, as you say, so letting us know about this is important so we can have the webmaster look into it. Just unfortunate that as a long-time forum user here, you’re having these issues and sorry to hear that. 🙁

I’ll go email the webmaster now and cc you in.

PS. I just noted that you emailed Forum Admin on a yahoo account (you used to use a .net email), so have cc’d you on the email to the webmaster with both email addresses to ensure you get at least one copy if the previous .net email is no longer alive.

vinny
    Participant

Next week is fine Maz and in the meantime I will keep looking on my end. When this problem started I had been saving my message in a Draft and sent once I got that IP delisted. Yesterday I thought the problem was over and did not save a draft of a long message, for me. Typing is not one of my favorite or competent endeavors.
    vinny

Maz
    Keymaster

@vinny wrote:

Next week is fine Maz and in the meantime I will keep looking on my end. When this problem started I had been saving my message in a Draft and sent once I got that IP delisted. Yesterday I thought the problem was over and did not save a draft of a long message, for me. Typing is not one of my favorite or competent endeavors.
    vinny

This is really frustrating, Vinny…hope we can get it resolved for you soon. When I noted your registered Yahoo email address (and lots of folks use Yahoo for email), it just made me wonder if this could be something to do with it, as Yahoo is renowned for yielding high spam volumes…but I’m probably as much a techno-phobe as you prefer not to type, so better if I leave my speculations alone and pass this to the experienced hands of the webmaster.

I just hope this issue isn’t more widespread for others, which is why you telling us is really important and thank you for this alert.

richie
    Participant

Vinny –It is your computer that is messed up –The pop up Welcome to Outlook 2013 refers to a Microsoft application the handles many business functions such as email etc —Sounds like your computer is screwed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has to be corrected on your end –Nothing wrong with the Roadback end –something is kicking off the spamblocker on your end !!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

vinny
    Participant

I think your probably right, but RBF seems to be the only issue.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Vinny with what you have described, it seems that you may have malware that has invaded your PC. Even if you have anti-virus software installed this can still happen, if its a new form of malware that is in advance of the protective system. I would suggest that you run a free malware detection program. You can read about several on this site
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/243818/how_to_remove_malware_from_your_windows_pc.html
    When I had issues a few years ago, I used malwarebytes and it found a trojan that my anti-virus software had not detected.

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

vinny
    Participant

Just reset my browser to see if their was a problem loaded there

vinny
    Participant

I guess that was the problem, but too early to tell. This is the first time a message went through without being blacklisted. When I reset my browser their was a popup referencing a newer spam protection version which I deleted.
    vinny

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Vinny
    Not really sure what you mean. However dont think this is a subject that should continue to have its own thread. Suggest two ways to proceed
    1. Use the ‘post technical problems with forum here’ thread which was set up for people to post re technical problems
    2. Write to forumadmin@roadback.org as before. I will email some questions

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Message blacklisted again’ is closed to new replies.