Home Forums General Discussion Mercolas pots and pans

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  RBFV 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #305559
    richie
    Participant

    How come no one posted about Mercola peddling pots and pans on line –guess thats ok but when Phil peddles Enbrel –now thats no good !!!!!!!! what a world !!!!
    richie

    #356743
    Pauyen
    Participant

    Wheres the link? I need some medically certified cooking equipment 😉

    ….heh, its only the US and Canada, darn it!

    #356744
    Suzanne
    Participant

    I almost didn’t read this thread because I don’t usually read Mercola! But I thought Mercola has always sold stuff. Isn’t that why his site is so annoying and people take everything he says with a grain of salt for that reason? Perhaps this isn’t news to most people?

    Is Mercola claiming the pots and pans cure you after a year? Has a non-profit issued a statement to correct him? Has he had to take back his initial statements in more recent interviews? Did the pot and pan company spend almost their entire marketing budget for his endorsement? That might make it newsworthy.

    The Phil story is not about Phil in my opinion. Pfizer seems to have taken advantage of his situation and made a lot of mistakes in their haste to get his endorsement out to the public. A lot. Worst of all, they put him ‘on the record’ when we all know that managing these diseases takes a lot of time and trial and error.

    Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

    #356745
    gordbentley
    Participant

    Phil is doing well though, I watched him play the masters all day saturday and sunday. 300 yard drives and walked the whole 18 without so much as a skip or limp. maybe enbrel is really working for him and hes just paying it forward like we do? he can only advocate the drug he takes right?

    #356746
    Suzanne
    Participant

    @gordbentley wrote:

    Phil is doing well though, I watched him play the masters all day saturday and sunday. 300 yard drives and walked the whole 18 without so much as a skip or limp. maybe enbrel is really working for him and hes just paying it forward like we do? he can only advocate the drug he takes right?

    Advocacy vs. paid spokesperson. It would be wonderful if Enbrel works perfectly for Phil forever, but the reality is that most people do not experience that. If he were merely an advocate, he would be making commercials for the Arthritis Foundation or a psoriasis org. As a paid spokesperson, he is advocating one drug – what will happen if it loses efficacy or he develops an allergy? Hows does that fit their marketing plan? I would love to see the contract. This is very high profile exposure for an unpredictable disease.

    Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

    #356747
    richie
    Participant

    Hi—I dont think the effectiveness issue of Enbrel or other biologics comes into question -nor does the cost of Enbrel —
    Firstly Enbrel is covered by most insurances –
    Secondly –the cost of enbrel is about 13000 yearly -I take minocin 2x daily –retail cost is app.$12 per capsule -making a projected yearly cost of over 8000.—

    Enbrel has about a 60 % effectiveness –which really isnt bad —

    The real issue is what enbrel does to ones immune system —-it does have major effects –that in my opinion is the only issue –other issues just arent issues when comparing —

    richie

    #356748
    Suzanne
    Participant

    @richie wrote:

    Hi—I dont think the effectiveness issue of Enbrel or other biologics comes into question -nor does the cost of Enbrel —
    Firstly Enbrel is covered by most insurances –
    Secondly –the cost of enbrel is about 13000 yearly -I take minocin 2x daily –retail cost is app.$12 per capsule -making a projected yearly cost of over 8000.—

    Enbrel has about a 60 % effectiveness –which really isnt bad —

    The real issue is what enbrel does to ones immune system —-it does have major effects –that in my opinion is the only issue –other issues just arent issues when comparing —

    richie

    Richie, I’m really not following your train of thought. Nobody has talked about the cost of Enbrel on this thread or compared Enbrel to AP, have they? But now you are. I don’t care how anyone treats their disease, it is up to them, but there is a difference in sharing your story and being paid to share your story. Pfizer will get what they paid for, don’t you think?

    Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

    #356749
    richie
    Participant

    Hi—Perhaps I mixed up both threads -including your other thread about Phil–the fact is both my points are frequently mentioned –cost and effectiveness which only serve to cloud the main issue —the major reason for taking antibiotic over a biologic for RA etc IMO is the effect on the immune system —
    richie

    #356750
    richie
    Participant

    Hi–If I shot 68’s -you can bet I would look to get paid for my AP story !!!!
    richie

    #356751
    Suzanne
    Participant

    @richie wrote:

    Hi–If I shot 68’s -you can bet I would look to get paid for my AP story !!!!
    richie

    But he just shot a 74 at the Masters. I don’t follow golf, so I didn’t realize that was unusual for him until your post.

    Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

    #356752
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

    Speaking of cost, generic minocycline is I think $5 a capsule, less than half the cost of brand name. And doxycycline is available at Walmart, $10 for 3 month supply, so if money is an issue, there are choices with AP.

    #356753
    RBFV
    Moderator

    FORUM GUIDELINES:

    Please do not advertise or make use of the forum for any commercial purpose
    Please do not post the names of physicians. Initials are acceptable
    Please keep the support forum’s primary focus on questions about, experiences with or information related to antibiotic protocols (AP) for rheumatic diseases and/or supporting measures that may enhance the therapy Please do not post copyrighted materials. All sources of quoted information must be appropriately referenced
    Please do not engage in flaming (personal attacks on any support forum user)

    RBFV

    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.