Home Forums General Discussion Mctd test results

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fernspetal
    Participant

Good day to u all,
    I want to discuss about my story and get all the valuable feedback. I am 29 years old. In Nov 2017, I stopped breastfeeding my kid after 2 yes. In Dec 2017, after exertion from a family outing, I started to get slight wrist pain. Slowly the pain was increasing, and the fingers stated to swell and be stiff during the morning. In Feb 2018 I had a stomach flu with dysentery and during this time, all my joints just went into breakdown mode. I couldn’t comb my Own hair. My knees and ankle stated to hurt as well.
    Within a week after I was cured from the stomach flu, the pain in the knees and ankle went away, but the wrist and fingers still use to ache. But the pain has reduced drastically over the weeks and now I can onlt feel a slight pain and stiffness, mostly in mornings on my wrists and at times on my fingers. This is without any medications.
    I did my blood tests during this time and visited my gp first and later on to a rheumatologist. The rheumy said that I’ve got early stages of rheumatoid arthritis and said to start on hcos 400mg once daily. The ana test came positive with a titre of 1:1000( positive) with a speckled pattern and the ana blot test came back positive for ena sm (2.067) and ena rnp (4.407) and negative for eNA ssb and eNA ssa.
    After doing some research online I got pretty scared looking into the DMAIRD treatments and their side effects and including reading about the symptoms of other people. I wanted to know that with my condition should i start taking the hcos 400mg or should I go into for the AP treatment and is this required for me at my stage, since the pain is bearable at a pain scale of 2 out of 10 at the moment.

I would really appreciate you’re inputs and thanks in advance.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hello Fernspetal
    You are in the right place for some wise perspectives. If you could just be a little patient, the discussion forum tends to be a little quiet over the weekend.

My own 10 cents on this is: in your position, I’d start on AP just as soon as possible – while the symptoms are relatively mild. The earlier the better. If you need a list of AP Doctors, you can email a request to apdoctorlists@roadback.org

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Fernspetal
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Presently looking into control my diet by going on one free from gluten, dairy and sugar.

Spiffy1

I agree. I would visit an AP doctor as soon as possible. I am not familiar with hcos. Is it cortisone? You sound like the perfect candidate for antibiotic treatment. Please keep us posted!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.