Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    superperroRA
    Participant

I was thinking last night in my sleep that, if I could only convince Maz to adopt me, I would be 99% out of the woods with my RA. Cause that girl knows so darn much, she would take me to the right doctors, and get me cured in a jiffy. Dear Maz, If adoption is not possible, could you please email me who your LLMD is. I live near Boston and you in Connecticut, so there is a chance that your LLMD is within driving distance for me. I went a few times to Dr.T in Boston, but didn't like him very much. Last visit he was putting tremendous pressure on me to take menthotraxate, and when I refused, he pretty much implied that I get another Doc. So now I am in the market for a new Doctor

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Superperro,

You're too kind. Seriously, I sometimes wish someone would adopt me, too. I think I'm a bit old for that now, though, and nobody would want to take on the task – or I'd have to pay them very large sums! :crying:

I just sent you a private message with my LLMD contact info. If you look up on the BB to the top right, just under the search, my account, members, etc. buttons, you should see a private message waiting for you in your inbox.

Peace, Maz

superperroRA
    Participant

Thanks, Maz. I've always been convinced that I got RA through a tick bite, being a dog lover as you might guess from my handle. The doctor did
    some kind of IgG-IgM Lyme test on me at some point, but not at IGeneX. My test came out negative, but my dog was also tested for Lyme and he came out positive, although he has no symptoms. My first RA symptoms were on june 4, 2007, so I've had this monkey on my back for 10 months. Since then, I've gone from 180 to 150 lbs. About 3 months ago I was feeling very weak and in pain so I went to Emergency Room. They kept me 8 days at hospital because of serious anemia. Just yesterday, I Iearned that Babesia will give you anemia. I know RA gives us a mild anemia, but maybe mine is more serious due to Babesia? Call me a hypochondriac, but I intend to get tested for Babesia ASAP

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Superperro….boy, just goes to show how awful my Spanish is and Im embarrassed to admit I actually lived in Mexico for a year as a young teen and should have remembered something of the language! LOL I thought Superperro meant “Super Dad”!!! :blush: Now everything is clear (where's the lightbulb emoticon?!!).

I think you're very wise to follow your suspicions about tick exposure. Just living in the Boston area, which is a Lyme endemic area in the heart of New England makes it more probable…having pets compounds the picture further. I'm constantly picking ticks off our cats and dog, in spite of the monthly tick oil I put on them. We're just surrounded by thick foliage, wetlands and trees, with deer and mice (which the cats bring in as presents at times!) and all kinds of wildlife. In fact, although I found my rash when visiting Cape Cod for a weekend two Labor Days ago, I half wondered if one of our cats brought a tick in and I was the unlucky recipient…this cat sits on my lap every night and I found the rash right on my belly. In fact,  both the cats think our beds are theirs, too – the dog did, too…but she's too arthritic to get up the stairs now. What can you do, though, eh? I know what you mean about loving your pets…they're family members.

Well, keep in touch Superperro and wishing you all the very best. Would love to hear about your experience with Dr P. if you decide to come down to visit him. All I can say is that he's got me to about 85% so far and I'm still improving, so something he's doing is working.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Maz’ is closed to new replies.