Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Marathon Runner with Neuropathy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bugs3472
    Participant

How it all started…
    I was weekend warrior training for marathon, dealing with some feet pain that I thought was plantar fascitis. Then I got sick with bronchitis. I always have had low immunity and do not get over illness easily. The illness went directly to my lungs, there was no cold. I rested for two weeks, and was feeling better, but lingering cough. I started to run again but in a few days my shins and feet were inflamed. It was extreme pain, and I had many running injuries, and knew shin splints were not suppose to hurt this bad.

I tried doing cross training, but I got injured easily. It didn’t make sense. Because I loved exercise the doctors all diagnosed overuse.

When I tried to run, my feet and shins burned. Sometimes I had tingling like pains in my toes and down my legs.

Your blood tests are normal..
    I heard this so many times, but something was definitely not normal. I was taking ice baths to go to work when Rheumatology at Mayo Clinic denied my referral my family doc had made six weeks earlier. I considered finding a different rheumatologist but decided that my best bet was to go the alternative medicine route.

Reason for all that pain=Adrenal Gland Hormones Low
    My adrenal gland was tested, and I was low in cortisol, DHEA, and estrogen. This was the reason for all my injuries. But why was my adrenal gland exhausted?

I tested positive for the mycoplasma antibodies, and also the mono one.

My doctor says that I have “imbalances that need to be restored” and that I may be headed for RA. I think he feels I have a disease but does not want to break the news to me.

Minocyline
    When I started antibiotics my adrenal gland function improved immediately. The pain in my body decreased. I had energy levels return that I didn’t even know I lost.

Today’s Issues
    I am starting to increase exercise. TI get pain in my hands and forearms. I have to dry brush my skin often.

Supplements
    Because my doctor is naturopath I take lots of supplements:
    Multi-Vitamin
    Vitamin D
    Ribose Powder
    Glutamine Powder
    Digestive Enzyme Complex
    Probiotics
    Magnesium, Maganese, CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Grapeseed Extract

Bugs3472
    Participant

My latest diagnosis is that I have neuropathy pain.

The pain continues to be worst in my feet, and hands.
    I often with get a burning feeling directly beneath my skin.
    I do not have muscle pain, fatigue, or any problems sleeping.

I stopped taking the minocycline because it was not helping my symptoms. However I do believe that I did have an infection that it did clear up. However I am left with this burning pain that seems to be in beneath the skin but not in the muscles. Fascia perhaps?

I noticed that if I become ill with cold or flu the neuropathy goes away. I suspect that my body is having an auto immune reaction and when I am ill it does not bother to fight what is going on.

What helps the most is taking cold baths, which I take 2 x day. Also I am taking 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar 1 x day. I’m able to exercise some, and started to running, but I’m afraid I will not be able to run enough to train as a runner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.