Home Forums General Discussion Many drug stores and supplement makers found fraudulent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    greypilgrim256
    Participant

Supplements at many large retailers were found to actually contain NO amounts of what they said they contained. Yeesh

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/study-many-herbal-supplements-arent-195054999.html

Trudi
    Participant

Based on my own experience, these findings are applicable to what I experienced. I have never felt better on vitamins even when tests indicated I was low and needed them. Not until a year ago when I started using vitamins with no fillers did I see some amazing results!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

greypilgrim256
    Participant

Hi Trudi. Where do you get the vitamins with no fillers from? I really only take fish oil (which makes me burp and tastes like fish

Trudi
    Participant

They are from Pure Encapsulations http://www.pureencapsulations.com/. I buy them on Amazon. I’ve not needed any pain meds for the last 10+ months after starting the vitamins to treat my MTHFR. It is truly amazing.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Linda L
    Participant

Trudi,
    Do you take homocysteine factors only /which include B6, B12 and folate/ or you take other vitamins/minerals as well? Thank you.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Trudi
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

Do you take homocysteine factors only /which include B6, B12 and folate/ or you take other vitamins/minerals as well?

Hi Linda–
    I just updated my signature; everything I am currently doing is there. I don’t mention amounts because it is so individual. I’ve had to work my way up, especially the MTHFR treatment; in fact it took me 6-7 months tweeking the treatment; if I took too much I had to back off because of discomfort. All in all, treating my MTHFR has been a huge positive.

Here is an article by a pharmacist on the MTHFR and methylation:
    http://suzycohen.com/articles/methylation-problems/. This might shed some light how important treating this gene mutation is.

Take care,
    Trudi

Woods1977
    Participant

I

CurlyinNC
    Participant

Hi, all. Check out this article on People’s Pharmacy as they explain the findings in an easy to understand way.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2015/02/16/are-supplements-any-good/

Karen

Diagnosed with RA 10/2014 with very positive anti-CCP. Rheumatoid factor was negative and continues to be negative.
    Began abx treatment 12/2014.
    Currently taking minocycline 100 mg bid M-F, diclofenac 75 mg as needed, probiotics, various other supplements.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.