Home Forums General Discussion MANUKA HONEY

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Goodwife
    Participant

Hi All,

Just received the Manuka honey yesterday – anxious for hubby to start it tonight – I am going to see if I can get him to taking before and after pics.  This medicinal honey is supposed to heal wounds, sores, ulcers, as well as using it internally for other ailments.  The directions are to rinse area with sterile water, spread  honey on gauze and wrap over would, ulcer, etc. and tape and change every 24 hours.  We are going to do it at bedtime each night, which will only give him about 8 hours at a time, but it is a start.  He really can't keep his fingers wrapped during the work day.  I am hoping this will jumpstart the healing of his finger ulcers.  He is willing to go along with this (rolling his eyes and all) so I hope to see some improvement over time.   I will keep you all posted!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Goodwife,

Hope the Manuka Honey goes well for dh. I'm very interested to know if it will work for him and anyone with digital ulcers. He's very dear to be your willing subject, but according to that study that Lynne posted a couple weeks ago, it sounds like pretty good stuff. My fingers are duly crossed for him!

The way you have to wrap it reminds me of when I had a really bad infection in my left index finger as a child. My Mum called the doctor in the middle of a snowstorm (up in Canada) and he came out to the house in the dead of the night! Can you imagine a doc doing that today? :roll-laugh: He used a razor to lance the skin, let the infection drain and then used this gauze, soaked in some medicated substance to wrap my finger. He told my Mum I had to do that every and it healed well after a week or so. I know we're talking very different things here, but just brought that memory to mind from my childhood. So you can tell him, if Maz could do it when she was 8, he can, too! :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Goodwife:

I hope that Honey works, if for no other reason than to make your husband know that you know what you are doing!  Your post made me laugh, it sounds so much like the relationship I have with Jess, she just rolls her eyes and does what I tell her to do.  She is so attuned to me wanting her to try what she considers wacky things that, sometimes she just looks at me like, “OK here we go again!”

A few months ago, we were in a store and I found a large bottle of grapeseed oil, which we use regularly to make fizzy bath bombs.  I thought she would recognize the bottle, I held it up and said “Look what I found” her prompt reply what “YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE ME DRINK THAT ARE YOU?”  She is do predisposed to think anything is something new that I want her to try, she lost all trust in me over what I call the Apple Cider Vinegar Incident of late 2006!  She says she will never forgive me for that one!

Keep on turning over those stones.  It may or may not work, but it is worth a try, there are many natural products and have amazing healing properties.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheryl

Goodwife
    Participant

Maz and Cheryl,

THanks for the votes of confidence!!  Yes, I'm sure my hubby will have a less than enthusiastic reaction when I also introduce the Grapefruit seed extract to him in the near future.  I wanted to conduct one experiment at a time on my frankenstein.  My only doubt at this point of it working is that his “ulcers” are not really open – they are the dark spots just under the surface of his skin that would appear prior to breaking open and turning into ulcers = so I am not sure since it is not an open would, if it will really make a difference.  But it is worth a try.  Thanks!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Certainly is worth a try…you never know, it might act as a kind of poultice. I hope so, if it means the beginnings of the ulcers are prevented from becoming open sores.

Had such a hoot over the “frankenstein” reference!!! :roll-laugh: You could start calling him “frankie”…affectionately, of course.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ MANUKA HONEY’ is closed to new replies.