Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Support Meetings: San Diego

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

Here is some information on some Lyme support meetings coming up soon in San Diego:

The meetings are held at from 12:00-2:00 p.m. at The Scripps Ranch Library, 10301 Scripps Lake Drive, San Diego, CA 92131-1258 (Go through the Courtyard to the Seminar Room)

March 6th, Saturday- General Meeting- no speakers

April 3rd, Saturday- Guest Speaker Maria Iriarte will talk to us about SSI benefits

May 1st, Saturday ? Guest Speaker Dr Nicola McFadzean will be introducing her newly released book “The Lyme Diet”

Roz
    Participant

Hi Parisa,

Thanks for posting, I live about an hour north of San diego.

Hugs, Roz

Parisa
    Participant

Hope to see you there if you can make it!

nspiker
    Participant

Parisa,

I really wanted to come to the meeting tomorrow.  I start my new round of IV's tomorrow, and was waiting to find out when the nurse is coming.  Unfortunately, it's about 12:00.  I hope to make it to the next one….
    nancy

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Parisa – re your May 1st speaker: Dr Nicola McFadzean is an Australian who lives in the U.S. I think she was back here recently visiting family and does consult with a few Lymies here who cant seem to get much help locally. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Parisa – re your May 1st speaker: Dr Nicola McFadzean is an Australian who lives in the U.S. I think she was back here recently visiting family and does consult with a few Lymies here who cant seem to get much help locally.

Lynnie, that's really interesting to know…I wonder if she has physician mates down under who would help Aussie Lymies if referred by her? Auz is sadly lacking in LLMDs. 🙁

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maz – trouble is she is an ND. Here, that is called a Naturopath. In Australia, no one except those who have trained in medical school (or non-medically have done a PhD) are allowed to use the title Doctor. And generally Doctors and Naturoapths dont mix. (My doc is highly unusual in that she works in tandem with a naturopath). So I think it unlikely that she has any physician mates with whom she can confer. Additionally, it is still maintained that Lyme does not exist here…………. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme Support Meetings: San Diego’ is closed to new replies.