Home Forums General Discussion Lucky Iron Fish

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

I have always suffered with mild anemia & am not keen on iron supplements . Found this great little item online http://www.luckyironfish.com
    Its a fish shaped iron that you drop into soups or any boiling liquids, and it releases your daily iron requirements into the food.
    Of course due to drug interactions , I would suggest the antibiotics & iron enriched liquid should not be ingested together.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lemons;
    A cast iron frying pan does the same thing.Grandma always knew best.

lemons
    Participant

Hi Lynne,
    I always thought the same, but apparently iron pots do not release the correct iron that can be easily absorbed.
    I cant use iron ware on my type of hob, so this little fish thing is perfect.

Maz
    Keymaster

I am with you on not liking iron supps, Lemons. Supplementation needs to be carefully monitored as too much iron is toxic and promotes cancers, too. I’m not a big meat eater – more a veggie peep – and also just started getting iron deficiency anemia (can be thyroid-less related). I’ve been using ferrous bisglycenate upon the advice of my doc, which is more easily absorbed than the sulphate form, so less is needed, but still can bung you up. My sister recently reminded me of molasses and so I’m going to start adding it food dishes, I think, to try to get enough via diet.

lemons
    Participant

Hello Maz,

Cherries, apples and pears roasted in molasses with a dusting of cinnamon ,served chilled is a good pudding.
    People always recommend liver for iron , but I would rather eat my own head . Molasses, is much more palatable.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hello Maz,

Cherries, apples and pears roasted in molasses with a dusting of cinnamon ,served chilled is a good pudding.
    People always recommend liver for iron , but I would rather eat my own head . Molasses, is much more palatable.

Ugh…liver…reminds me of the refectory at boarding school and getting stomach heaves. LOL Love the idea to bake fruits in molasses! Thanks, Lemons!

Spiffy

I am using chlorella as a toxin binder. It has a good dose of iron in it. I seem to tolerate it very well. I am hoping at my next blood draw in early September that my iron levels have gone up…especially ferritin and saturation without going too high. My energy level has been what I consider pretty good for me this summer. I am a little anxious to get tested though. I double the recommended dose which they say is fine. We shall see.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.