Home Forums General Discussion Low Dose Naltrexone – hope for autoimmune diseases eg RA

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Phil thanks, I think you’re right about the doctor, I wont give up!
    Many thanks
    Rosemary

cavalier
    Participant

Rosey – what i don’t quite understand is this doctor will put you back on pred. but liver enzymes are up or raised – i was always told in Canines that if liver enzymes are up that pred. is then contradicted in taking. I wonder sometimes if it can be simply that doc’s like to use what they are more familar with in a drug than one they dont have experience with?
    They are after all people too & people like to generally stick with what they know.

Best – Jill

Rosey UK
    Participant

Jill
    you know I think the GPs just keep giving you the same meds because they didn’t prescribe them in the first place so its not their fault if anything happens to you. That was in my case I was given the preds when I lived in the North. Now it’s like they don’t have a clue. Even my rheumatologist appointments are a waste of time. She asks me how I am examines my knees and wrists and asks me if I’d like an injection. I’m a bit stuck at the moment just don’t know what to do. I don’t like going to the doctors as it is. But maybe I should make an appointment to see one of the older doctors, but if he turns me down I’ll be devastated.
    I’ve read about Alpha lipoic acid has been incredible for liver disease. I will get some.
    Thanks Jill
    Rosemary

cavalier
    Participant

There ya go. 😀 I dont like them either but I use them (doc’s) for what i can glean but i keep on pressing on as well – i certainly dont hold my breath for them to have all of the answers nor all of the help i had better come in with some ideas of my own – funny how they will take what you bring them at times – sometimes they wont at all – but if it is within their realm they just cant think of it all that fast.

Jill

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.