Home Forums General Discussion Loss of Bowel Movement SI Joint / Abx?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

As you know I have been supposedly suffering from ReA / AS / Seronegative Spondy, most likely AS. Last few days I had sudden onset of lower back pain with weakness. The pain has been on and off which is improve by taking Duexis. However, this morning I went to urinate and all of sudden I had an urge for bowel movement. I try to control my bowel movement as much as I can without success and some of it leaked out. I was very embarrassed by this moment.

I am trying to figure out if this is cause by Ankloysing Spondy or My new Abx I have been taking for last five days causing some mild diarrhea.

I don’t know if this is an emergency or not but I know there is a condition related to AS which can cause bowel movement.

What should I do? It’s late evening so i can’t call my doc but this is really making me feel sad.

PhilC
    Participant

You’re taking an antibiotic (fosfomycin) that’s known for causing bowel issues if it’s taken every day, which is what you’ve been doing. That’s the most likely culprit.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Sounds very reassuring. The dosage was once a day for first 5 days then every 48 hrs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.