Home Forums General Discussion Long term Abx really safe?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

I’m reading conflicting part of abx being safe for long term use. Is it okay to take doxy for years and year without side effects? One article stated that long term use can cause cell wall problem.

What are your thoughts?

richie
    Participant

Guess what you are reading is incorrect and certainly not accurate–what publication is that in –I am taking 200 mg daily of minocycline since 1999 –no problems at all —

Spiffy1

Well, of course, the best case scenario, most would agree, would be not to have to take antibiotics long term. It would also be best not to have a rheumatic/autoimmune disease too. But once you step in to the wacky world of wayward immune system then you have to look at all your choices. You could do nothing and let nature take its course which is both brave and foolish, you could go the conventional route and they might could attempt to make you comfortable for a time but the side effects of their drugs we KNOW are not safe long term. Then there are environmental changes such as cleaning up your air, water, and home and finding out your food intolerances which is up to each individual whether they will choose to help their body in this way, and there are antibiotics. I had not had an antibiotic in well over ten years before starting AP therapy. But I looked at the two different protocols and placed my bet on AP. I am now 3.5 years in and am doing very well. My blood work is good except I am still trying to lose the RA factor but liver/kidneys/etc all seem to be doing well. Do I wish I did not need antibiotics? Yes. Am I glad they are available? Yes. They do come with side effects but remember the air we breathe is oxidizing and too much water can kill you. I just look at the big picture and keep putting my money on the big antibiotic win.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

I like spiffy’s comment. We know long term untreated rheumatic disease is unsafe, and we know long term steroid use is unsafe. There are unwanted effects with any drug and antibiotic therapy seems the safest of the available options.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.