Home Forums General Discussion linament for joints-ideas needed

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kali
    Participant

I recently found a great product recommended by my Dr. It is a homeopathic and comes in a gel or cream called Traumeel. It works great for joint pain as well as muscle/connective tissue pain. I have been able to find it at my local health food store. Of course Amazon has it if you can’t find it locally. Not sure if any of the big name pharmacies carry it.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I have used Traumeel and it does not do much for me…but I like the B&T homeopathics: Arnica Montana, Arniflora for Arthritis and Sports Gel for Muscle Trauma…I use all 3 of these at various times…keep them on hand always…Just found a new Arnica called Arnica Plus and has white willow bark in it and a few other herbals…

I’ve had injections of Traumeel as trigger point injections and they didn’t do much.

My holistic rheumy does Mesotherapy Injections and I get them off and on in between acupuncture and they contain
    homeopatic solutions which I think include Traumeel…the Meso is a session of 50 some injections thru the body…they do hlep.

jaminhealth
    Participant

GG/how goes the Octogen2 product. Some others on another group are talking about Turpentine as an old remedy for joint pain and Refined gum spirits of turpentine are in Octogen2….I’m thinking about getting it….how is it doing for you? jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

I just ordered a 15oz jar of Octogen2, the greaseless version…..red jar.

What integriued me mostly about this product is the Oil of Turpentine in it. Doing some research I found that
    Edgar Cayce used it in 700 studies. It’s a topical analgesic.

A person on another board, said her aunt had gotten the best results with Oil of Turpentine for pain. So it’s been
    around forever for pain use. jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

Well, I have to say my favorites are the B&T homeopathic gels….

Triflora for Arthritis
    Arnica Montana for Pain
    Muscle Sports Gel for Trauma

I’ve used these 3 for some years and keep going back to them, homeopathic remedies do work for many. I use other homeopathic products too.

Also, my rheumy uses Mesotherapy Injections which are homeopathic solutions for PAIN. I just had a session on Wed and feeling good, better anyway. Between the acupuncture and Meso, these keep me going. jam

PS: I’ll use the Octogen2, but expected more….

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Jam, so sorry I’ve not answered your question ’til now!

At first I didn’t think the Octagen was providing enough relief for me, but have changed my mind. The Mg gel/ Lawang oil is effective, but so irritating, so I thought I’d give O another try. And I’m really glad I did. I feel the warmth after about 15 – 30 minutes & the relief from joint & muscle aches lasts for most of the day. Like Ritchie, I think the tub is going to last a long time, although I use it generously 😀

So I’ve set aside the Mg gel/ Lawang oil for now. Hope it’s working for you, too!

Happy Holidays! GG

Trudi
    Participant

This is for Richie or GG:
    I’m thinking of getting some of this for my husband. I’m on the website now and have two questions: Can you tell me what the four ingredients are? and Have you run into any problems using the original (green tub) formula as far as with clothes?

Edit: Never mind the ingredients–I just found it; for those interested here they are: The Octogen formula is a special combination of four active ingredients: Methyl Salicylate (a.k.a. Oil of Wintergreen), Rectified Gum Spirits of Turpentine, Camphor, and Menthol; plus Octogen

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

GG/I still use the Octogen2, but I do NOT feel WARMTH from the product…..I was looking for that feeling but NO.

I mostly use the Homeopathics I mentioned and find these most effective, especially Arnica and Triflora for Arthritis….

This all goes into our bloodstreams so we don’t know what is happening internally…..

richie
    Participant

Hi—The octogen is most effective after shower or bath –the pores are open and it really gets warm for me —
    richie

A Friend
    Participant

@lor wrote:

Hi, My knees are so………. swollen and sore. What do other use to help? Has anyone used DMSO with sucess? I could increase my pred. but I really don’t want to do that. I do eptson soaks, tried Magneseum oil, they don’t do to much.
    Any suggestions?
    lor

Lor,
    So sorry you are in such pain. This is a suggestion that has helped many, including myself when I was in constant pain. If you go to General Discussion, right beside it is a search window. You can type in “bicarbonate soda” and some of the posts may show up. My AP physician told me to do a test for a couple of days to see if using Bicarbonate of Soda relieved the pain. He didn’t think it would. He suggested I mix 1 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda (what we use for cooking) and stir it thoroughly in a glass of water (I found it more palatable if I mixed it with cold water with a tiny bit of crushed ice). He said to drink it every waking hour for two days. [Later, he said he told me he had said 1/2 teaspoon of soda, but I’d written it down — so one of us had a lapse.]

At any rate, I drank it every waking hour (but away meals, so food would digest better; and away from any medications) for two days. It was amazing how it had began working and relieving my pain. (Even before he had suggested this, I remembered having read that people with gout had gotten relief using baking soda.) By the end of the 2nd day, the pain in fascia all over my body was almost gone; however, I had also been having extreme bone pain; and the bone pain was much better, too. But, not as good as I would have liked it to be. So, I made an “executive-level decision” that I would take the Soda one more day. By the end of the 3rd day, the bone pain had also gone.

Since that time, I continued studying things that could be causing such pain; and I learned so many other very important things — like how acidic my body’s pH was. How my body was this acidic, even though my diet seemed excellent. The best I could figure out, based on some of the new knowledge I was gaining, is that I apparently was not able to digest protein and end up with necessary amino acids… amino acids SO NEEDED for enzymes, etc. to facilitate metabolic detoxification. Apparently, my body did not have enough minerals to safely excrete these acidic wastes through the kidneys. Our body stores these wastes in this case. Besides learning everything I could about how to bring the pH into a slightly alkaline range…. and much more. If you try the soda and it works; you may want to read some of the other posts related. I’ll be glad to help you locate them if they are not obvious. Good luck to you.

AF

jaminhealth
    Participant

Here is a product very similar to Octogen2 and less $$$…I will probably give it a try when I’m ready.

Watkins Has A Similar Product…
    http://m.drugstore.com/j-r-watkins-white-cream-liniment/qxp84720

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Jam, yes, actually when I spoke of warmth, I need to make a correction. And I don’t know what I was thinking since it really is a feeling of coolness at the start followed by relief in the area where it is applied. I think I’ve tried the Arnica & don’t remember getting much relief. I should try it again.

Hi Trudi, I use the green formula. I like the moisturizing quality, especially since my skin does not like the heat in the winter — lots of cracking & itching skin 😐 Since my clothing tends to be dark, I’m not able to say if it stains or not. But the green should not show at all. I’d just worry about the moistness that might affect the clothing.

Hope this helps you!

Be well, GG

richie
    Participant

Actually the octogen is far less money –it is sold by weight while the product jamin mentioned is sold by volume –a tub lasts me about two months while an 11 0z bottle of a liquid would last about one week —
    richie

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.