Home Forums General Discussion linament for joints-ideas needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    lor
    Participant

Hi,

My knees are so………. swollen and sore. What do other use to help? Has anyone used DMSO with sucess? I could increase my pred. but I really don’t want to do that. I do eptson soaks, tried Magneseum oil, they don’t do to much.

Any suggestions?

lor

cavalier
    Participant

We love both hub & I Soothanol do a search on the net for where to buy & ingreds it works like nothing else. I have no affilation.

Best – Jill Lyme

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I found that magnesium oil helped me a lot.It’s usually available at health food stores

JeffN
    Participant

Lor – I have SD and have used DMSO. When my SD was active I tried DMSO on my hands without much success but recently, the past six weeks, I have been dealing with a strained knee. Last week I decided to get serious as I have been busy at work and tired of limping. I did three things 1.I saw my accupunturist twice and she has a machine that provides what feel like slight electrical shocks that I have responded well to previously for back pain. I think it works on a magnetic principle. 2. I began putting DMSO on my knee every evening, I use a gel type. 3. I have been putting Arniflora on it three times a day. My knee began to improve Sunday and is doing quite well the past couple of days. I think the DMSO was helpful this time and will try it on other strains in the future. You might look into the other two options as well. Hope you feel better, lacking mobility is trying to say the least.

lor
    Participant

I know at some point I have tried DMSO, with out any success. But I am desparat also. I am going to try it again.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

lor

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I believe soothanol – as mentioned by Jill above – contain DMSO

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Lor, I had good response w/ Magnesium Oil and even better response (reduction in both swelling & pain) with Magnesium Gel with Lawang Oil (can be found on internet searches/ I’ve no affiliation either). I’m needing it less these days, but boy what a difference it makes when I did! I recommend applying it with gloves, as it can be s/w irritating. I’d also apply some vaseline just to give the skin some lubricant d/t the drying effects of the Mg. Hope this helps.

Best of luck to you!!! GG

wib411
    Participant

This is a report of using topical NSAID gel on joints. I use, sparingly, on one knee. The Voltaren product, and it does work. Not pain free, but relief…….. Prescription required. Your doctor can suggest what is least damaging to your kidneys.
    Best wishes.

http://ih-fpr.eznp5.ihealthspot.com/Portals/698/Users/files/Massey_topical-nsaids-acute-pain.pdf

jaminhealth
    Participant

I use a lot of topicals and also a knee glove for right knee especially…my whole right side is worse since right hip replacement….alignment issues….grrrrrrrrr

Prolotherapy can help depending on the joint issues. I’m thinking of Prolo for this right knee soon. Little more money, but if it works…no price can be put on that….

I’ve had this knee drained a couple times….could this help your issue.

The SynVisc and Eufflexa injections did ZILCH….I’m still paying for the Eufflexa injections….

Borage Oil is good for joints, fish oils and so many other supps. I use DMSO and mix it with mag oil…I don’t know if it helps or not.

Get off certain foods too. take care…

richie
    Participant

Hi–Years ago I remember using oil of wintergreen with good relief — Now I use a professional therapists product called octogen –if interested go to octogen.com –a tub lasts quite awhile

I have no financial interest in this company but have been mentioning this product for the past 10 years ocassionally cause it helps me so much on my back —
    richie

lor
    Participant

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be trying them one at a time till I find what works for me.

lor

jaminhealth
    Participant

I alternate with the ones I use….have to look into Richi’s suggestion. Never heard of that one.

I like the B&T homeopathic gels….there are 3 I use….I own stock in the company, ha ha…

Every now and then I use plain old rubbing alcohol….,my mom used it all the time on her joints….it’s been around forever.

quilter
    Participant

Hi Lor,
    I have been using Bag Balm (yes for cows utters!) for a long time; I believe that the Bag Balm works because it has quinine in it. I like to mix it with Tiger Balm. It works for me. I get the strangest sore spots. I rub it in twice a day and they are better in 2 hours or 2-3 days. 😀

I used to have Carpal Tunnel and Raynaud

Dancing feet are Happy feet!
    Nov 2007 Raynauds, Jan 2008 Carpal tunnel, Aug 2008 Rotator cuff, May 2008 MCTD, July 2013 H.Pylori, Aug 2015 Vaginal Atrophy
    Medications: Minocycline 100 mg MWF, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, Acidophilus 1-3 a day, Estradiol patch
    Vitamins etc.: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU a day, Aspirin 325 mg, Magnesium, B6, B12, Beta-carotene, Cranberry, Garlic, Multi Vitamin, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin with Boswellia & Manganese, & MSN, Grape Seed Complex, Meta

gratefulgirl
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi–Years ago I remember using oil of wintergreen with good relief — Now I use a professional therapists product called octogen –if interested go to octogen.com –a tub lasts quite awhile

I have no financial interest in this company but have been mentioning this product for the past 10 years ocassionally cause it helps me so much on my back —
    richie

Richie, I received my green Octogen tub today & love it! Thanks for the recommendation. Mg gel is so irritating, though effective, so I was looking for a good alternative.

Take care, GG

enzed
    Participant

I have used pure Australian Emu oil for painful joints and swelling with positive results. Applied topically it takes the pain away quite rapidly and relief lasts several hours. The oil in capsules can be taken internally as well. Several companies sell it on line but I understand it needs to be ‘cold pressed’ to retain it’s properties.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.