Home Forums General Discussion large measles outbreak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Hi No one has mentioned anything about a very serious matter —a fairly wide spread outbreak of an illness that was totally eradicated —Forbes magazine is out with an article that lays this outbreak right at the feet of the ant-vaccine movement –shame we are going backwards –whats next -smallpox ???-
    richie

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Richie–

It is important to get both sides of the story; if you take the time to read the article, make sure to read the comments. http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/January-2015/measles-in-disneyland-third-mmr-shot-and-vaccine.aspx

I was just in contact with my cousin in Germany. He has a 9 month old son and he and his wife have decided to vaccinate after the baby is a year old. No hysteria over their decision, no doctor refusing care if they don’t submit to vaccinations. And we live in a free country!

Being homozygous to the MTHFR gene I am warned to avoid vaccinations because my body has trouble getting rid of all the toxins in vaccines. This gene was just discovered recently; who knows how many people and children are injured by vaccinations because they also have this gene mutation. Dr. Healey, former director of the NIH, knew there was a subset of children who were injured by vaccines and advocated for finding out what it was.

There really are always two sides of a story.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

m.
    Participant

Oh, definitely not eradicated, or we wouldn’t be having outbreaks. Small pox has been eradicated. It only lives in labs. Measles is still wild.

But, your point is taken Richie. I think it’s also important to remember that the outbreaks are “mostly among the unvaccinated”. That is, some people who have been previously vaccinated for measles have gotten measles. I’m not arguing against the vaccine, only pointing out that checking your titers against diseases, especially if immune-compromised, is a good idea.

Not all vaxs give you life long immunity, especially if your body does not run into a natural booster shot by running across the microbe again.

Good health all!

richie
    Participant

Hi Trudi
    Not exactly an unbiased source —Since this was published that figure has gone up quite a bit —Measles were eradicated in any country that had a vaccination program –that is the plain fact —In the past 20-30 years in the US virtually -zero cases -this outbreak most likely spread from abroad and carried to an unvaccinated person –it is only unvaccinated people that are getting sick —-This one is completely at the doorstep of the anti-vaccination movement —
    richie

m.
    Participant

–it is only unvaccinated people that are getting sick —-

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

From the above CDC web site: The majority of the people who got measles were unvaccinated.

Again, not arguing with the heart of your point, Richie, but the CDC says the majority of cases are occurring in the unvaccinated, but not ALL the cases.

richie
    Participant

Hi- Perhaps very good points could be raised about flu shots -pneumonia shots etc but like many things excesses occur —measles dpt smallpox etc –the many so-called child hood illnesses that doctors recommend immunizations for -the anti-vaccine movement is negative on these also —how far should public health be rolled back ??
    r

Pip
    Participant

When the manufactured-Disneyland measles scare started, the Los Angeles Times were reporting that 1/2 the cases were fully vaccinated.

You need to study a bit about virus shedding.

And PR. And Paul Offit and other paid-for Pharma pimps like Dorit, as well as astroturf groups like Child Healthcare is a Legal Duty, which is advocating loss of religious exemptions (translation – Constitutional rights). When you check their boards, you find them stacked with vaccine manufacturers.

There is also a lot of information, freely available, about ‘fake data’, made by corporations, to sway policy.

Fear is always an effective tool for motivating the uneducated to throw away their civil rights. My problem is when they try to throw away mine along with theirs.

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Richie–
    A new thread was started by Lynn G./SD called ACEs ARBS Kidneys and Inflammation. She has a link to an article which mentions overuse of vaccinations and autoimmunity:

Some of the common factors proposed as potential contributors to the rise in autoimmune diseases include a decline in gut flora health, leaky gut, overuse of vaccines and antibiotics, environmental toxins such as pesticides, infections, reduced vitamin D, and environmental estrogen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603174/#!po=2.69231

The overuse of vaccines has a reference to this article:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19865091

My brother is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and when my first grandson was born 6 years ago we discussed which vaccines he would or would not recommend. The MMR was one he would not recommend because of the side effects. My own doctor is not against vaccines per se, rather feels they need to be “cleaned up” from all the toxins before he would advocate them.

I think more than twice the amount of vaccines are given now than when my kids were little. Luckily we didn’t have problems until the Hep B vaccine when my first turned 18 (in 1998). I fully applaud all parents for making intelligent, researched decisions about what goes into their children’s bodies.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

richie
    Participant

Now its a civil rights issue –so throw a tea party —
    richie

Trudi
    Participant

@richie wrote:

richie

Richie–
    Our posts posted at the same time. Please read mine above yours. It is far more than a civil rights issue. To many it is a quality of life that has been destroyed.

Trudi

richie
    Participant

Hi Trudi
    I do understand but the flip side is my quality of life -I dont want to be exposed to long ago illnesses that were virtually eradicated but now resurrected because of folks refusal to have their kids or themselves vaccinated –thats my right -to be certain that my off spring are able to go to school without any danger whatsoever of being exposed to measles and others –There is a growing main stream push back against the anti vaccine folks because of this measles thing —The so called conspiracy thing is a lot of BS –Everyone is not plotting against these people –I would think they should be vaccinated for paranoia –“everyone is against me etc etc “
    richie

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Richie–

In light of this morning’s news that vaccines are “safe and effective” and that everyone shoud be vaccinated, I did a search on their safety. The CDC says that vaccines are “generally” safe. They go on to list the minor and severe side affects of each vaccine. They also list those who should not be vaccinated, confirming that there is a subset of people who would be harmed by the vaccine. To monitor the safety of the vaccines, VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) was set up. “VAERS receives around 30,000 reports annually, with 13% classified as serious (e.g., associated with disability, hospitalization, life-threatening illness or death) (CDC VAERS Master Search Tool, April 2, 2008).” http://vaers.hhs.gov/about/index. VAERS admits that the adverse events are underreported. BTW, permanent brain damage is included under severe side effects of the MMR vaccination.

As mentioned previously on this thread, questions are being raised regarding the overuse of vaccines and autoimmunity. My search also brought up concerns with vaccines and the rise of diabetes and cancer. The Human Genome Project brought genes into the equation (in my case, the MTHFR is a huge player). The long-term use and side effects of vaccines has not been determined.

As a parent, I think it is prudent to make sure your child is not in the subset of those who should not get vaccinated. Unfortunately, Richie, there will never be 100% of the population that are vaccinated; this may or may not compromise the quality of your and your family’s quality of life. Keeping the immune system in top working condition is the advice given to maintain good health.

Take care,
    Trudi

Pip
    Participant

@richie wrote:

richie

For your information, I lean so far left that I struggle to remain upright. That being said, I am an American, and the loss of our basic civil liberties, conveniently under the banner of ‘public good’, while Pharma hides data that could influence my decision whether or not to use a vaccine, boggles the mind.

You have been decades on this website and are well aware of how this protocol has been decried as ‘anecdotal’ and how MD’s refuse to proscribe abx to deal with AI disease. You have seen, repeatedly, evidence of conflicts of interest in Lyme guidelines, for one, as well as cancer, AI, and other assorted research. You’ve seen posts from Retraction Watch that monitors falsified research. You’ve seen posts about Revolving Door employment between regulatory agencies and the Pharma Co’s that they are supposed to be regulating. You’ve seen posts about conflicts of interest at the NIH, the CDC, state governments and any other regulatory agency.

And all of a sudden, the only medical policy not subject to scrutiny is vaccines?

Even tho the US Gov owns the patents on almost all of them? And profits handsomely when they are required? As does Pharma.

The only people not profiting are those who are damaged by them. The Vaccine Court is a joke, also staffed by people who have conflicts of interest.

You may succumb to ‘selling fear’ and are willing to give up the decision to whether or not to vaccinate for your children but what about when they are adults, and more of this information gets out? They will no longer be able to make up their own minds – you made it for them.

Please, do not mistake ‘spin’ for ‘policy’.

And research viral shedding. Many now suspect the Polio-like enteroviris68 is a result of viral mutations because of the vaccine.

richie
    Participant

Hi I think the value of this is that it is creating a national debate -not by us but by policy makers and lawmakers and this is good –IT will bring ,many things to the forefront -whatever side one is on —
    richie

mary77
    Participant

I do not believe the “national debate” by lawmakers will increase the chance of us getting the truth about vaccinations. The ability of vaccinations to cause harm, particularly to certain individuals immune compromised or with genetic detoxification issues, won’t be made public. To understand the problems with vaccinations, one has to do a lot of research with an open mind.

Those who have been harmed (many with severe injury) are the ones who will be ignored, as they are the minority. To balance the public safety versus the potential life destroying harm to some is difficult. That is why I believe a parent should have the RIGHT to make that decision for their child. Also, I do not want a government agency making the decision to inject me with anything!

FYI: With my immune system awry from RA/Lyme, I decided to try a flu vaccination many years ago. My arm swelled up to the size of a golf ball immediately. I felt poorly for days with pain and fever. I was told by that doctor to never have another flu vaccination.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.