Home Forums General Discussion Lab results, can someone comment please?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I too have had low WBC and neutrophils but I wanted to ask about SED and RF. My SED was a 2 earlier in the year and now it is a 5. CRP was 1.3 and now 1.7. Anti CCP was 249 but now 192. Can someone comment on this? Is this normal for these things to fluctuate or does it mean something? I have been so used to everything steadily going down for 2 years now this concerns me with my WBC going down and sed and crp going slightly up. Does this mean anything or nothing?

If I try a washout to see if that is why my WBC is low and find that mino is the culprit…what do I do? Try doxy? Or just try a lower dose of mino? So nervous to do a washout and lower my dose as I’ve been doing so well for so long.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy1

I know. Clint Paddison of the Paddison program says Normal people’s sed rates are usually six and can fluctuate for any reason at all. A cold. A sore. Anything. That is still low. Mine is usually a two and last winter mine was 6 but came back down the next time. What was your RF? Have you tried LDN? Your CCP is still coming down. I know we always want things declining in a general fashion but it’s more of a curvy up and down line. I will say a prayer that you will be pleasantly pleased next blood work.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fluctuation is because ESR (sed rate) is simply indicative of inflammatory activity – of any cause. And it may not be always be related to rheumatoid. Similarly, CRP – a high number here can be from any cause and can even indicate a possible heart attack. The only 2 things that are specific to rheumatoid in terms of the usual blood tests are RF factor and anti-CCP. The latter is far more specific, but not always completely indicactive of progress (or otherwise) unless a baseline is taken from the outset.

Don’t get hung up on the individual results of the spectrum of blood tests. Even the specific markers can vary. The pattern over a decent period of time is far more useful.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Airen
    Participant

Thank you all for the response. I also have had low WBC and neutrophils. Dr said I can try a washout for a week and retest. Are there any health risks with stopping mino so abruptly? So nervous about symptoms returning.

Dr said RF was actually undetectable! Is that possible? Instead of showing a number result to compare to the reference range it just said <14.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy1

Wow! That is wonderful! I dream of hearing those words! I had to get off mino for three weeks before taking IGENEX test for Lyme. I did fine. I could not tell a difference. Let us know what you decide.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

Spiffy1

With me my neutrophils are always on the high end and my lymphocytes are always in the bottom part of normal or low. This has been true since I got sick and prior to antibiotics. My platelets are usually a little low at about 136,000 but during my small flare last winter my platelets were great. Life is such a puzzle.

Spiffy1

What type of powdered probiotic are you on? I must admit it has not been 100% with me with my probiotics. I find those particular pills hard to swallow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.