Home Forums General Discussion Just got blood test results back.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

I have just picked up my blood test results taken on Monday, and I wish there was a way to show you the print out. Anyone that’s read my posts will know I started AP in September 2013 (six months ago). Last November my SED rate was 30 its now down to 5, and my CRP was 34 its now down to 2. I thought there maybe some improvement as I have been feeling better, but I never imagined or even dare hope for this πŸ˜† I had a full blood count and everything else is in normal range too. Im in shock !!!

sandrabonfield
    Participant

This is absolutely fantastic. I am so happy for you. Can you now argue with the GP to prescribe Mino?
    Sandra

Woods1977
    Participant

This is great news not just for you, but for all of us! Keep fighting the fight!!

lemons
    Participant

Thank you Sandra and Woods, yes I am going to make an appointment with my gp and then Id like to shove these results up his ” you know what ” and as for that miserable rheumatologist, well Ive already been told off by the moderators on this site for using bad language, so I best not say what I want to call him 😈 Im going to celebrate with a large, no, a huge glass of Merlot πŸ˜‰ xxxxx

Valsmum
    Participant

Great News Lemons!!!!!!!
    I am happy to hear about your labs , that is great. I hope you continue having better health.
    Take care πŸ™‚

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That is an absolutely fantastic result lemons, you must be so pleased. Great when the labs reflect the way we feel (and of course, this is what the docs take notice of πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ .

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lemons
    Participant

Yes Lynnie its true, but I would never have avoided the perils of methotrexate if it wasn’t for you and Maz. I hope you realise how greatful I am to you both.

JoAnnC68
    Participant

I’m so happy for you and I know that you are busting with excitement from your wonderful report.
    Hang in there and continue doing what you are doing!!

Jo Ann

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

marg
    Participant

I’m so glad for you!! This is wonderful news. I have passed on the info you sent me to our daughter in the UK. We’ll see….

elee1222
    Participant

That’s wonderful! When did you start feeling better?

lemons
    Participant

@elee1222 wrote:

That’s wonderful! When did you start feeling better?

Hello elee, I cant pin point when I started feeling better, but I have kept a diary. On the top of each page next to the date I have used a colour coded system. Bad days I mark with a red star, so-so days with orange and good days when Im free of pain, green. Over the past two months I have been having mainly green star days. It may sound stupid, but its a quick way to keep a journal when you cant be bothered to write in it every night. In January I had a bout of depression like nothing I have ever felt before, this lasted a couple of weeks and then lifted. After this bout of utter misery, the pain and stiffness started to ease up too, it was very strange.

elee1222
    Participant

I like the star idea! It is very efficient and streamlined. I used to write down each individual joint, but I got ridiculous and discouraging. Now I just rate my overall pain level and level of functioning. Good idea.

Elizabeth

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

In January I had a bout of depression like nothing I have ever felt before, this lasted a couple of weeks and then lifted. After this bout of utter misery, the pain and stiffness started to ease up too, it was very strange.

Dr Brown spoke about depression being organic and part of the aetiology of the disease. He writes about it in The Road Back (now chapter 16 in The New Arthritis Breakthrough). Wonder if what you experienced was in the form of a ‘healing crisis’ Lemons?

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.