Home Forums General Discussion Just found out I likely have cancer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    judy cash
    Participant

Redrock,

I will join everyone in saying, how sorry I am that you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well for you.

Judy

Daubs
    Participant

I'm so sorry Redrock. Just try and keep positive and never give up. The power of positive thinking always helps in every situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diana

regimariew
    Participant

I am sorry to hear this and don't really have much to say other than comfort words.  I hope the best for you!  Be strong. 

I do want to tell you to try NOT to get TOO worried about it just yet (i know, easier said then done).  When I was 22, i went to the doctor for a typical annual appointment and i had a cyst the size of a large lemon on my ovary.  I had never had any known cysts before and to date haven't had any since.  I had an ultrasound done and it came back as a 'compound' cyst meaning there was alot of 'solid' in there as well as some liquid.  I had to get surgery.  In the pre-op discussion it was clarified, agreed-upon, and re-stated that they were to remove ABSOLUTELY NOTHING more than only my one ovary and only if absultely necessary.  If they were able to take a freeze slide and find it cancerous on the spot it was agreed that they were to leave everything IN THERE and sew me back up so that I can decide what to do next instead of just removing everything.  They were going to try NOT to remove my ovary but when they got in there the cyst was so intermingled with the ovary they had to remove the whole thing because they didn't want to risk spilling the cyst in case it was cancerous… all very scary.

THE GOOD NEWS is that in the end it wasn't anything at all (too bad they had to REMOVE my ovary FIRST to find this out, but i understand why they did).  My doctor gave me some name for what it was (can't remember those long medical words) but explained to me in 'dumb terms' that basically I had my period “INSIDE” my ovary instead of down where it is supposed to happen.  So, I don't know exactly what your situation is, but all i have to say is 1. GET A SECOND OPINION especially if they are talking about removing ANY of your parts and make sure it is talked about before hand so they know what is and is NOT okay.  and 2. Don't start panicking just yet… woman actually get cyst ALOT throughout there life and most of the time don't even know it's there.  They tend to come and go… so it could just simply be a cyst like mine that was inflating due to a 'internal period?' 

I'm not saying that is what it is and you should defniitely listen to and weigh the options your doctor says.  But just try to take a step back and deep breath and tell yourself it's not time to panic yet.  Because even in the worst case scenario, panicking is NEVER good as it will make you jump to quick radical decisions that you may wish you hadn't made.  Take your time in making a fully knowledgable decision.  Don't get 'scissor happy' because you want it out… chances are it's been in there at least a month or so, so an extra week to make a clear logical decision won't hurt and will actually do you more good then making an 'on-the-spot' decision before you even have time to digest what's going on. 

GOOD LUCK, hun!

Regina

nspiker
    Participant

Redrock,

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with SD and “C” at the same time.  As if one of these illness is not enough…

I'm sure you are aware of the positive effects of LDN and cancer.  Here are a few articles on the subject.  You may be ahead of the game with your prior LDN use.

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/ldn_and_cancer.htm
    http://ldn.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=personal&action=display&thread=816

We will keep you in our prayers, and walk beside you as you recover .
    nancy

Kash
    Participant

I am sorry you are going through this. I don't understand why some people seem to get a double dose of heartache. But I do know that, in my opinion, God never leaves our side. You will be in my prayers.

If you need to vent or rant…either write it out here or you are always welcome to PM me.
    Barb

MMW
    Participant

I just thought about how there are many claims that Natural Progesterone, has often reduced and made cysts go away.

This information can be found in many BHR books.  But the one you could start with was written by John Lee, Virginia Hopkins and Jesse Hanley called “What your doctor may not tell you about Perimenopause”  and there another book with this same title for Menopause as well.  

Also,  maybe looking into RIFE machines might be a possibility.   They sound extremely interesting to me even though I know very little about them.

Marianne

Conniel7777
    Participant

Dear Red,

I wish i had some special words of wisdom for you.. but I dont.

What I do know is that you have friends here who will be willing to listen if you need an ear….

Connie   >^..^<

Kim
    Participant

Hi Redrock,

I'm so very sorry you got the diagnosis you were fearing. 

You might actually be a step ahead of others getting that diagnosis for the first time.  You've already been handed a challenging dx with Scleroderma and obviously were proactive enough to find this site.  You already know the importance of doing your own research, finding the right team of doctors who will welcome your participation, and saying “no” to any procedure that doesn't make sense to you.  You also know the importance of doing all you can to improve your immune function ~ eat nutritious foods, get adequate rest, etc.

People on this forum truly do care about one another and will be here for the highs and the lows.  Please reach out and let us know what you need.  I hope you know you have a big ole team of support.

Take care…..kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Redrock – so sorry to hear that you have another battle on your hands, as if one wasnt enough to contend with. Keep us posted and do let us know what you need. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi & hope you are holding up, just thought I would tell you that if the absolute worst happens it is in my humble opinion one of the best places to get it because you can get rid of it & then have a new one made that is even better than the original.

Hugs, Maz.Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Redrock,

I am so sorry to hear this news, but I have a feeling you are one tough, faithful cookie!  You will jump over this hurdle and have one hell of a testimony after you beat this!  I am lifting you up in my prayers!  Please keep us updated as I know that I will not the only one looking for posts from you and pulling for you!! 

Blessings,
    Michelle & Kathy

Melinda
    Participant

Hi Redrock,

I'm sure that everyone is right and that you're ability to work your way through the medical options will stand you in great sted during this latest challenge.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.  Please let us know if we can help you in any way.  Here's a big hug for encouragement!

Melinda

Peach73
    Participant

I'm so sorry.  I know you will fight this tooth and nail!  All of us with RA, Lyme, Scleroderma, etc are pretty tough cause we have had to be.  You are in my thoughts and I hope all goes well and you will report in on how you are doing!  (((hugs)))

Healer
    Participant

Redrock,
    You have more strength than you ever imagined. You are finding your way right now.
    Would it be OK to put you on a list for distance healing from energy workers?
    There is so much info on alternative approaches; deep breathe and go inside yourself to find the right path for you.
    Blessings to you. Count your blessings and laugh a lot. This too shall pass.
    My heart and best go to you.

Joy,
    Cheryl

redrock
    Participant

Sure, I could use some long distance healing!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘ Just found out I likely have cancer’ is closed to new replies.