Home Forums General Discussion Just back from the doctor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I just came home from seeing Dr.K and she handed me my bloodwork. I am tickled pink about my Aldolase. the first time in years it is 6.8 wich is in the normal range,

Aldolase       6.8                  OR=8.1

Glucose         84                  68-99

Creatinen      0.49 L            0.60-1.18   (Dr. K said I need to eat more protein)

She is still waiting for another page from the lab, so I hope that itn is good too. I asked her about the severe peeling on my hands and she said with the Aldolase going down it should clear up. Maybe something is on the other page that may shed some light on the problem.

I have the Lyme kit and may go next week and have the test done. She asked me lots of questions about the bug bite, but since I have no idea what bit me she thinks that the test kit may help. She told me to have two different tests done but that will be close to 1000 Dollars for me and I am not sure I have that much money right now. Medicare will not pay for it. At least I have the kit and go when I feel I can afford it.

Have a great day,

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Eva,

What fabulous test results!!!  You go girl….:cool:

Are  you sure Medicare will not pay for the Igenex test?  My understanding is that Medicare is the only insurance Igenex will take.  I don't think you will have to pay out of pocket for your tests, if Medicare is your primary. 

nancy

sjess
    Participant

That's great Eva. So happy for you! :roll-laugh:  Hope the peeling goes away like the doc said.

Sharon

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Great news Eva! And I'm sure the Lyme sistas will chime in here about which tests to do first up – think I remember that being around $200. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Good job, Eva, you just keep chipping away at things and getting better all the time. 🙂

For the Igenex test all you need for the basic Western Blot test is Test #188 and #189 for around $200, and I think I remember that they did take Medicare too so be sure and ask.  My LLMD doesn't bother with the co-infection tests because they are expensive and  not that reliable, so that is usually a clinical diagnosis.

Take care……kim

Parisa
    Participant

Great news Eva! I agree with Kim on the testing.  The $200 test is really all you need and hopefully Medicare will pay for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Just back from the doctor’ is closed to new replies.