Home Forums General Discussion It's Lyme Time Again

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant
    Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Yes, a great read. Thanks Lynne

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

qman
    Participant

Just a little heads up on my ongoing battle with systemic sclero. I have been fortunate enough to live near Dr. Stephen Fry who is in Scottsdale AZ. He has continued researching causative agents that cause autoimmune diseases. His lab is up and running and he no longer see patients. But he can now identify hundreds of thousands of pathogens. He found I had a large infection of bartonella but I had classic sclero as diagnosed at Mayo 1998. He swithced me to azithromycin and now 4 years later the bartonella is non detectable at this point and I continue to improve. Many of you might remember me from years ago. My name is Stephanie and I live in Tucson and I use to be very involved with Roadback and I am anxious to share my news and see what happens next. I have been off abx since December and it makes me nervous. I took them for 20 years so anxious! Anyone have lyme bacteria cause Sclero??

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie and welcome back! Completely understand how anxious you must be feeling. We heard from a new LLMD in AZ who is taking over many of Dr. Fry’s patients since his retirement. If you’d like her contact info, let me know and happy to PM this to you.

Is there an easy way to contact Dr. Fry currently, do you know? He was such a great supporter of RBF and I met him at the Boston ILADs conference a few years ago. Lovely guy and had a great time discussing his finding of P. rheumatica with him.

qman
    Participant

Yes Dr.Fry is wonderful! His frylabs.com is the lab web site. Yes, if you have the info of whom is taking over for him let me know as I run into patients I try to help too. It is also noteworthy that medicare will possibly participate in the cost of labs there. He has really expanded his services. I don’t know if the doctors that took over his practice are doing AP or not. I have been without doctors so much of my journey that I am ok going it alone. But whomever you have in AZ I like to know about any AP doctors as there are alnost none here in AZ. Thanks for your help! The web site looks great!

Maz
    Keymaster

Stephanie, I’ll send you a PM shortly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.