Home Forums General Discussion Itching!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    @kater wrote:

Last night I couldn’t sleep so I tried the Benadryl–worked great but I never woke up until 1030 and almost missed my acupuncture 😳

The active ingredient in Benadryl is diphenhydramine, which is also used in OTC sleeping pills. You might want to try Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine maleate). It is an another antihistamine that is used for itching, but it doesn’t seem to induce sleepiness as much as Benadryl does.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I have eczema. I just read turning rolled oats into colloidal oatmeal ground into a powder is good, avoid instant.

kater
    Participant

thanks everyone! Now that you brought it up I do remember I had an itching problem. It has gone by the by like most of the other problems I had! I have been on AP for one year this week (Happy Anniversary to me and thank you to all). My ANA is still 1:640 but everything else is good. The only thing left I have for symptoms is some collagen and raynauds in my hands, a bit of tightness in my neck and some fatigue if I overdo it. Otherwise fantastic progress. 😆 I am forever in your debt!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.