Home Forums General Discussion Iowa Doctor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trece
    Participant

I received a phone call today from the hospital where Dr. S practices and was told that he no longer will see or treat patients due to health reasons. I go to the hospital every 3 weeks for my clindamycin IV and and haven’t seen him there since December. The hospital representative did not offer any recommendations on who to see and didn’t think anyone was taking over for him. This is very sad news. She did say that if something changes with his health, he would be back, but it’s not promising.

2006 contracted Lyme disease but not diagnosed until 2011. Antibiotic and herbal treatments until 2016. Systemic scleroderma and SLE diagnosed 9/2016. Sjogren's diagnosed 2015. Raynaud's diagnosed 2012. AP (PAR mino tablets) since 10/2016. Currently up to 100 mg every other day. IV series in Feb, June, Dec. 2017. Monthly IVs since July; changed to every 3 weeks in Dec. Gluten, dairy, grain, sugar free. Very clean diet. Many supplements.

Maz
    Keymaster

Trece, this is very sad news indeed. Funnily enough, I emailed with his wife a couple weeks ago and there was no update on this doc’s health at the time. I hope the dear doc okay. If you hear anything further, would you kindly send an email to feedback@roadback.org? Thanks!

If you need IVs in Iowa specifically, there is one doc (added as a potential about a year ago) in Iowa that Dr. S. was consulting with re:one of her patients who was seeking oral and IV AP for RA. I think she was looking into how to arrange IVs at the time and I’m not sure if it was worked out. You could request the Iowa AP doc list on the new automated doc system if you want to give her a ring to see if she can help. She emailed the foundation to let us know she was open to helping at that time, but no feedback since. Worth a try?

Just click on Resources at the top of this page and then click “Doctor Search.” You’ll find instructions on how to use the system on that page. Good luck!

Lisa35
    Participant

I tried to get my daughter there as well for the last 2 months. I call every week and was told he was out for medical reasons but he will return.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks for that update, Lisa. Much appreciated and will watch for further info as you learn if it. Thanks! Lots of people, like you, depend on Dr. S., so it helps a great deal for the foundation volunteers to be informed, as the doc lists are updated entirely with patient feedback and can fall out of date quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.