Home Forums General Discussion Interesting Trial on Symptom Reduction in RA Through Writing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

So I’ve been doing a great deal of research on stress and rheumatoid arthritis…seeing how I can help myself to reduce stress in different ways. Anyhow, I happened upon this link. Perhaps it will help you also: Effects of Writing About Stressful Experiences on Symptom Reduction in Patients With Asthma or Rheumatoid Arthritis A Randomized Trial —–> http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189437

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Very interesting indeed whaleharbor!

I also think that’s kind of in the same field as Mercola promoting the use of EFT as a component of treatment. My own AP Doc here promotes a 3-pronged approach to healing, wherever possible: abx, diet and prayer or meditation 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Lynnie,

What diet recommendations does your doctor make?

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

whaleharbor – firstly, my AP Doc doc believes pretty well all people with chronic illnesses have leaky gut and they need to address this. And she recommends all her patients go onto a diet that is as sulfite-free as possible (sulphites are bad for everyone), low in salicylates, and low in (or free of) sugar or yeast.

Other than that, individual specific sensitivities are tested for. The naturopath she works in tandem with does those via a VEGA machine (note: my Doc says that she knows VEGA machines have a record of around 65% accuracy – but says,in the 25 years she’s worked with this naturopathic practitioner, she has found her results to be 95%+ accurate, which is why she goes with it). My results showed sensitivity to gluten and cow’s milk. BTW, since then, I’ve also had conventional testing and found I carry 2 of the genes for celiac. And I realized that my history of my stomach occasionally swelling for no apparent reason was actually because of gluten. If I inadvertently eat any gluten these days (rare but accidents do occasionally happen), my stomach swells within an hour, I get mild diarrhoea and then joint aches and pains follow for a couple of days.

Eliminating gluten and eating a fresh diet (pretty well nothing that comes in packets) have made a big difference to my overall health. It took about 3 months to notice (gluten anti-bodies do take around 3 months to go completely from the body) and the side benefit for me was a loss of around 10 pounds in weight. I used to crave sweet biscuits (I don’t any longer) and I think that may well have been a wheat craving. AP Doc Dr K in Texas feels that in gluten sensitive people, a craving for sugar may actually be a craving for wheat, as they are often together in foods.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.