Home Forums General Discussion Interesting….Protozoan Infection shows same RA Antibodies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roserdRA
    Participant

I found  this to be very interesting! RF and Anti-CCP are also Antibodies of Visceral Leishmaniasis, which is a protozoal infection and absolutely NO “Auto”Immune disease!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WHC-4MWPV7M-2&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=20e80d005bffbe61764f8799e0625278

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi RoseRD,

Thanks for sharing this study…very interesting. I went on to check out “visceral leishmaniasis”, transmitted by sandflies, and seems it's a pretty severe and life-threatening disease, one of the unique characteristics of disease manifestation being pretty nasty skin lesions. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_leishmaniasis

What I find of particlar interest is that this disease is an intracellular protozoal infection and some AP docs, like Dr S in TN use Flagyl (an anti-protozoal) in their treatment protocol. Babesia, a coinfection of Lyme Disease, is also a protozoal infection. Seems that much more than mycoplasma can indeed be a cause of rheumatoid disease. I think my LLMD will be very interested in this study.

Thanks, again!

Peace, Maz

roserdRA
    Participant

I also researched  a little more and people that beat this disease produce more Th1 cells than Th2 cells.

These are types of t-cells, which are again a type of white blood cells of our immune system. The difference between them is Th1 induces more of a host cell protection and Th2 induces more of the Antibody production, which in the case of Viceral L. is pretty worthless as each one of the different life stages of this pathogen can change themselves in thousands of ways via glycoproteins and therefore stay undetectable.

Fact: people who's immune system actually protected more the cells (from invasion)than producing antibodies where able to beat this.

It is also stated that the establishment of this protozoan/parasite is so different from patient to patient because of the state their immune systems are in in the first place and their tendency to deal with this invasion.

Another interesting fact I found, was that more Th1 induces more Interferon gamma which is an highly effective antibacterial, anticancer and anti fungal as well as anti protozoan.

Interferons are used to treat infectious diseases and cancer.

3,3'-Diindolylmethane a substance in Brassicas ( cauliflower, broccoli, etc.) which is now under study for cancer research because it stimulates Interferon gamma production significantly. Brassicas medicinal use is ancient.

Moral of the story…. Eat your Broccoli!!! LOL. LOL.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=118]roserdRA[/user] wrote:

3,3'-Diindolylmethane a substance in Brassicas ( cauliflower, broccoli, etc.) which is now under study for cancer research because it stimulates Interferon gamma production significantly. Brassicas medicinal use is ancient.

Moral of the story…. Eat your Broccoli!!! LOL. LOL.

LOL Yes! 😉

A holistic MD I saw a few years ago said that in order to get enough Diindolylmethane from a daily intake of cruciferous veg, you'd have to eat about 20lbs of the stuff. Ugh..can you imagine? :sick: I love veggies, but…. He suggested a supplement, called “DIM”.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Interesting….Protozoan Infection shows same RA Antibodies’ is closed to new replies.