Home Forums General Discussion Interactions with Pred and Celebrex

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I am to start my new combo of Abx tomorrow and am having a hard time trying to work out times for all my tablets and need some advice. My first week of abx comb starts tomorrow morning and as follows:

1 x Ciproxin 500 mg x twice daily

1 x Doryx 100mg x once daily

As I need to take the ciproxin 1/2 hour before food I will take it on waking, but how long after can I take my Celebrex and Pred, I know I have to wait 2 hours before taking supps?  Also the Doryx has to be taken with food, so can I take the Celebrex and Pred with this Abx?

Sorry if I have confused you all, as I have confused myself with all of this, but I have look into this and can't find anything that applies, and I want to get the best results out of this new combo.

Thanks……………..Annie

P.S. I will also be on Rulide, Tetracylcline, Vibramycin and Dalacin in the coming weeks, as they are all different, does the same rules apply, so confusing!

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – wow, that's quite some cocktail you will be taking! Given that Dr K has prescribed it, he is the best person to give you the way he wants you to schedule all this – plus adding the the celebrex and pred. Suggest you fax or email (or even call) his office and ask for a dosage schedule. It shouldn't count as a consultation, rather as a clarification of what has already been decided and prescribed. Best, Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Yes Lynnie, I am going to call him in the morning but I can't go without my Pred and Celebrex too long in the morning as I can't function too well, without them, thought maybe some of you guys had an idea whether I could take them with the Abx.  Thanks for the comments………

P.S. we are just boarding everthing down waiting for the cyclone to hit tomorrow morning, I know its scarey, but just a touch exciting as well, I love the cyclone parties :blush: we just went to the shops to buy a few things and the selves were empyt, goodness how people panic, oh well as long as I could get my Bake beans, nothing else mattered:blush:…………….Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – understand your concern. I have pasted below something on this from the FAQ section of http://www.rheumatic.org regarding taking of pred with abx. I have bolded the sentence that is probably key for you.

In highly sensitized individuals, antihistamines and small doses of corticosteroids (less than 5 mg. a day) are helpful. 'To reduce the inflammatory barrier and allow penetration of the antibiotics, 1 to 5 mg of prednisone may be administered to the patient simultaneously with the antibiotic. Preferably no more than 10 mg. should be administered for flares. Larger doses when required should be given in short interrupted courses. It is of interest that the concomitant use of antibiotics with the steroids makes steroid withdrawal easier. The dosage of the drug must be kept low to avoid interfering with the immune system but high enough to reduce the hypersensitivity or allergic inflammatory reactions of the disease.' Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown in Antibiotic Treatment Plan.

http://www.rheumatic.org/faq.htm (scroll down to section 2)

Will be thinking of you in the coming day Annie and hope the cyclone drops down to a storm rating. BTW, DR Brown acknowledged that low barometric presure often exacerbated symptoms/flares (page 213 in The New Arthritis Breakthrough) so dont be overly concerned if you experience this. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

davew
    Participant

Keep your head down and your spirits up Annie!

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Gee that info was good, so I can expect not only flares like Dr K told me to expect from the new combo, but from the cyclone, maybe I will enjoy tonight and think about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Thanks for the link too Lynnie, I did read that, but wasn't sure, I need to ring Dr K tomorrow about something else, so will just run it pass him anyway.

………….Annie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

Keep your head down and your spirits up Annie!

I certainly will Dave, I have stocked up on lots of Turkey, Hic……………Annie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

Annie – wow, that's quite some cocktail you will be taking! Given that Dr K has prescribed it, he is the best person to give you the way he wants you to schedule all this – plus adding the the celebrex and pred. Suggest you fax or email (or even call) his office and ask for a dosage schedule. It shouldn't count as a consultation, rather as a clarification of what has already been decided and prescribed. Best, Lynnie

Hi Lynnie,

I rang Dr K this morning and yes it would be another consultation, so I will figure it out myself………thanks for your advice anyway.

……………….Annie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – I will PM you. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

linda
    Participant

Hi Annie,

I wasn't aware that you had a cyclone on the way. We had one when we were in Hawaii, it turned at the last moment and hit the island of Kauai directly, instead of going btn our island of Oahu and Kauai; I was disappointed because we missed all the excitement. Stay safe and enjoy your party!

The only advice I have to offer is to make sure you eat with the Celebrex and especially the prednisone. And I guess it goes without saying that you discontinue the prednisone as soon as you can. Hope this new regimen works well for you.

linda

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Yes the cyclone fizzled out about 4 hours before hitting thank goodness, I was up all night waiting for the winds. Oh well next time:blush:. I guess I just love the partys that go with them.

I am going to wean of Pred asap, but now I am going to wait and see what happens with this new combo, I have started off ok, it sounds a bit like the Marshall, really don't know if I like this protocol, I have to go off all Vit D food, that means my fish which I eat every day, I don't know if I can do that.

Will let you know anyway what happens in the weeks to come………………Annie

linda
    Participant

Annie,

Can you get your Vit D from 20 min of sunshine everyday, or is even that a no-no? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen fish oil tablets that don't have Vit D, if there are, you could use those for now to get at least some of the benefits of eating fish. IMO, supplements are fine as long as they are used in conjunction with foods that also contain that same supplement in it's natural form, like you were doing with the fish and the fish oil tabs (that is you, right? if my memory has shorted again, forgive me!)
    Hang in there,

linda

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

Annie,

Can you get your Vit D from 20 min of sunshine everyday, or is even that a no-no? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen fish oil tablets that don't have Vit D, if there are, you could use those for now to get at least some of the benefits of eating fish. IMO, supplements are fine as long as they are used in conjunction with foods that also contain that same supplement in it's natural form, like you were doing with the fish and the fish oil tabs (that is you, right? if my memory has shorted again, forgive me!)
    Hang in there,

linda

Hi Linda, No, Doc wants me to stay out of sun with special sunnies on and not to have any Vit D, may as well stay in bed :blush:.  It sounds like the Marshall Protocol, he calls it Jadin Protocol, but don't know if I want to stay away from all fish as that helps with inflammation as well, so I am doing a bit of research, that is when I get a chance with my days been filled with babysitting grandkids and looking after sick daughters :blush: . I wouldn't have it any other way though love my family. as we all do!

By the way how are you doing now……….Annie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ Interactions with Pred and Celebrex’ is closed to new replies.