Home Forums General Discussion I start IV abx monday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lor
    Participant

Hi,

I got my gen. practioner to give me the 5 days of IV clindy. I am scared, what if it doesn’t work. Then were would I go? Do most people get good results with the IV abx? Lasting results?

Just looking for a little encuragement.

Thanks
    lor

wib411
    Participant

You must have been pretty convincing to get an out-of-the-blue GP to start you on IV Clindamycin. If you have any skin/ acne concerns/worries, you can ask for daily minocycline instead of doxycycline? Best wishes.

lor
    Participant

Actually it was so……… easy, I wished I had tried it sooner. Just handed him the papers that told the protocol, how much Clindy and he asked me to call dr S and get the codes to bill insurance and it all fell into place.

I shouldn’t brag to much till I get the EOB’s saying all is payed. 😉

lor

lor
    Participant

Hi,

My first day of IVs, thought the stiffness was alot less yesterday. Then this morning the stiffness and joint inflammation is worse. I am trying to stay positive. I wanted a miracle, after day one. 😉 Not happening. I feel kinda out of it. I know not all people get great results, but how long before you get some positive?

Thanks
    lor

richie
    Participant

Hi–
    I certainly dont want to throw cold water but this is a long term treatment and ivs are the first phase –followed up by oral antibiotic –you are on the right track but you have to give it much time —
    richie

lor
    Participant

Hi Richie,
    Thanks for your input. I have been on a bunch of different oral AbX since 2005, treated for Lyme disease. On and off progress and regressing for the last 2 yrs. Nothing seems to work. So…………. I really have my hopes up that this would work. But it is only day 2.

Thanks again
    lor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.