Home Forums General Discussion I need to vent!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hi,

I am so mad. Bad enough to have a disease but worse when rheumy has to decide whether he should give me a copy of my test results.

I had a rheumy appt for the first time last yr. He gave me a lab req for tests to be followed up in 6 months. I got the lab work done a few days ago and they just phoned to tell me my glucose was up by .5. I did have breaky so that may acct for it. They want the test repeated . Fine. I told them i would come down and pick up the req and have it done but would like copies of my origional tests plus the last test. I was told from the sec that it is up to the rheumy to decide if i could HAVE MY OWN RESULTS! I told them it was my right to have them and she said “i know” but it is up to the doctor to decide” .

Makes me ssooooo mad!! Now i have to fight to get a test result!!!!!

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Makes me wonder if he has something to hide.  That happened to me one time, only it was with a Dentist who removed my amalgm fillings.  I had complications and my regular Dentist wanted copies of what he did and how he took out the fillings etc… Well gues what?  All my files mysteriously got lost.  They wouldn't send one cotton-picken piece of information. 

Diane

casey
    Participant

Diane,

This whole thing ….oooooh i cant explain it, oh yes i can:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::headbang::headbang::headbang:!

Anyway, 2 hrs after my outrage that it was my right to have my results, they called back and told me they would have them ready tomorrow morning but i will have to pay for them!

richie
    Participant

Hi

Dont know about Canadian law but in the US –they can only charge a maximum of 75 cents per page

Richie

casey
    Participant

$10.00 here for a few pages. Never had a charge from any other doc before but this one!

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

I wish your Dr was like my ANP's office.  There, it is along the lines of “ask and ye shall receive”.  She and her office staff are great.  And she is not so high and mighty as to be unwilling to admit she does not know something, or to be unwilling to take information I give her that she does not know so she can look it up too.

Did you get all your records and test results?  I have started keeping all of my husbands and am thinking about scanning them and putting them on disc as a back-up.

Our Internal medicine doc was just as willing to share the records.  I am sorry you had that problem.  🙁

casey
    Participant

Lori,

I got my tests back all right but half of them arent there. Little do they know i photocopied the test requisition BEFORE i went in for the blood to be drawn. I asked about the others and they hummed and hawed. I WILL get these at my appt when i see the rheumy one way or another.

i think it is wise for all of us to keep our records especially if the doc is not our AP doc.

good thing i asked for them as my urinalysis is the same (which is showing a prob) as it was when all his started last yr  and i have been on AP for 6 months. Maybe it is still too soon but i need to keep records of the kidneys as you wont often feel damage as it is being done. Dont knowwhat to think till i talk to AP doc next month.

I think you are wise to accumulate everything and anything you can. Had i left this all alone , i wouldnt even known i had this in my kidneys to begin with.

Strange though, when all this started , my first symptoms were rashes and hives. After testing, i had abnormal urinalysis tests. After this long on AP , i seldom have rashes and hives. I also went gluten free as i found out i was celiac. Now i dont know if the rashes are gone from following a gluten free diet or AP. But the urinalysis prob is still there though there is no blood or protien since before AP. There are presences of other things including calcium oxalate crystals (kidney stones) which follows in line with what MP says with a high 1-25 D

Dont know what to think except i hate every moment of this as these diseases cover everything in life.

Key Pounds
    Participant

Casey!

I am soo sorry you are having to put up with your Dr. in this way!  Remember, you pay him to work for you!!  I know that is so frustrating!  Please keep on them about your other labs.  

These diseases really affect every aspect of your life.  You stay in the drivers seat though and don't let them run over you! 

Please let me know how your tests come out!!!!

Blessings to ya

Key

casey
    Participant

Key,

Today i feel i am now in the trunk. Am so depressed!

Thanks,

Casey

Dena
    Participant

I've been through this, too, and stood my ground.  I asked for my pictures (MRI's, etc.) from a hospital in the states.  I was told they belong to the hospital and had to be returned to them.  I told them they belonged to ME.  I walked out with them and still have them.  My neurologist never balks at giving me a copy of my blood tests at no charge.  Sometimes, if I forget to get a copy, they fax it to me. 

Be more aggressive.  You paid for them; they're yours!

Kim
    Participant

Casey,

In no way am I defending the horrendous treatment from your doctor's office, but often when I have labs done they are sent to different labs and come back at different times.  Just a thought.

Try to hang in there and know you are not alone in your frustration…….Kim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ I need to vent!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.