Home Forums General Discussion I have a question, I have MCTD, I am in remission

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    quilter
    Participant

I can’t understand :
    My question is why isn’t my WBC count high because I know that my throat is inflamed? Of course I have been wrong before, about what was wrong with me.
    My rheumatologist swears that it is no use to test the RNP to evaluate my MCTD; however my research on the internet says that the RNP is used to monitor MCTD. She says that if I have a problem, that it will show up in the WBC count (which is what I learned in nursing). I have an inflamed throat right now, I injured my throat in July when I was scrubbing the wall with Clorox, because I wasn’t wearing a mask. My rheumatologist did the regular blood work for autoimmune diseases and my WBC count was normal???? Go figure.
    The rest of the story is that my RNP is rising, I think the Aurobindo minocycline is working because I was having an issue of my fingers hurting in February, I had been typing on my computer too much. Once I started back on the Aurobindo minocycline my fingers quit hurting. Additionally my little fingernail on my left hand is shrinking, yes it really is. Another problem is that I am having a problem remembering to take the minocycline on MWF, I suspect that it is because of brain fog. If you have any clever ways to remember to take your medicine I would be interested in hearing them.
    My question is why isn’t my WBC count high because I know that my throat is inflamed?
    Carol

Dancing feet are Happy feet!
    Nov 2007 Raynauds, Jan 2008 Carpal tunnel, Aug 2008 Rotator cuff, May 2008 MCTD, July 2013 H.Pylori, Aug 2015 Vaginal Atrophy
    Medications: Minocycline 100 mg MWF, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, Acidophilus 1-3 a day, Estradiol patch
    Vitamins etc.: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU a day, Aspirin 325 mg, Magnesium, B6, B12, Beta-carotene, Cranberry, Garlic, Multi Vitamin, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin with Boswellia & Manganese, & MSN, Grape Seed Complex, Meta

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Road Back Foundation has removed the introduction and link to your personal website pending removal of material that is copyrighted as well as the names of practising AP Doctors. In addition to the issue of copyright infringement, publishing AP Doctor names contravenes The Foundation’s longstanding policy to protect AP provider privacy.

You are welcome to re-post the link once the above have been removed. RBFV

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Carol,

I can’t understand :
    Once I started back on the Aurobindo minocycline my fingers quit hurting. Additionally my little fingernail on my left hand is shrinking, yes it really is. Another problem is that I am having a problem remembering to take the minocycline on MWF, I suspect that it is because of brain fog.

What you wrote above seems to indicate that you had stopped taking minocycline. Is that correct? If so, why did you stop, and for how long were you off of it?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

jasregadoo

Regarding remembering, I can think of two simple options.

1. Buy yourself a pill reminder, one of those that has sections for Mon Tues Wed, etc. Leave it on the counter or somewhere that you will remember.
    2. Set yourself a reminder on your phone, using your calendar or timer.

I have trouble remembering sometimes too, and setting an alarm for myself helps.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Carol,

You wrote that you are “in remission,” and you mentioned that you are experiencing brain fog. Brain fog is a symptom, so if your doctor is claiming that you are in remission I think that’s an overly generous assessment of your condition. Also, since you have MCTD, I don’t understand why you are on such a low dose of minocycline.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.