Home Forums General Discussion I finally understand why I have Glaucoma!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

After reading for the past day about the connection between inflammatory disease like SD and Lyme, it said that glaucoma is frequent in occurence with these diseases. And that Raynaud’s (which I’ve had now for 6 years) is very frequently occuring with glaucoma. It makes sense. My joints, my heart, my stomach, my fatigue, my raynauds, my hair loss….all of it is connected. But even then, it doesn’t mean AP can’t fix it, am I right or am I right?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Kid,YOU ARE RIGHT.If it is any consolation to you….men seem to reach SD remission much faster than women.
    and the young even faster.No one really knows why.So stop worrying yourself to death and see if your family doctor will help with AP until you can get an AP doc.My family doc gave me the prescriptions I wanted in exchange for doing the studying.It was more than a decade before I found an AP doc and by then I was in remission.

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

Does anyone know if having excessive body hair from an early age (13) is a sign of scleroderma?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Chris;
    Losing your hair is very much a part of SD.I lost all the hair on my arms and legs and about 50% on my head.It did grow back after a few years on AP but as fine as that of my angora cat.It can’t hold a style so I have to resort to a pony tail.
    OH,it never grew back under my arms for which I am thankful.

richie
    Participant

Scleroderma is not an inflammatory disease rather it is a collagen vascular disease –Raynaud comes with SD not glaucoma I would guess Raynauds can affect eye pressure though —
    richie

richie
    Participant

Hi I think you need some clarification —the antibiotic is excellent for treating the over all disease process of scleroderma –other meds or alternative approaches are usually needed for your stomach- raynauds and certainly your heart if there is heart involvement —the antibiotic treats the over all diseases but you would need more help to treat some of the other symptoms –my winning approach worked well for me –I assembled my team –a doctor who treated the scleroderma with antibiotic and my local internist who prescribed various meds for many symptoms —I really dont think antibiotic alone will take care of all the symptoms-but it will sure arrest the scleroderma and may even reverse symptoms –
    richie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.