Home Forums General Discussion how to know if a tetracycline has gone bad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I had my pills in a car of probably 100 degrees for about an hour…on accident of course. this was about 2 months ago…ive still been taking them. am i at risk for getting poisoned from expired or damaged ABX? please help, as I’ve started to have strange symptoms matching phosphaturia recently

Maz
    Keymaster

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

I had my pills in a car of probably 100 degrees for about an hour…on accident of course. this was about 2 months ago…ive still been taking them. am i at risk for getting poisoned from expired or damaged ABX? please help, as I’ve started to have strange symptoms matching phosphaturia recently

Chris, if it was me, I’d probably take them to the pharmacy to ask and have them safely dispose of them to be on the safe side. Have you asked Dr. F. or your pharmacist?

richie
    Participant

at 120 degrees for one hour there is a 20% degradation –90 degrees there is a 4% degradation –I always carry my daily dose in my pocket in a pill case –my guess temperature is about 98–99 degrees –I have been doing this for 16 years now –no effect at all –if it is one hour at 100 degrees –not to fret —Also I fail to see the connection to your kidney problem which is completely unrelated —
    Richie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.