Home Forums General Discussion How should I take this stuff?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I have been on the generic minocin for almost 4 weeks now. I have been taking at bedtime MWF. Question is should I take this alone? I end up taking it with all my other nightly vitamins/supplements. Is that a problem? Should I take the minocycline away from anything else? I’ve been taking it with my fish oil, lysine, LDN etc. What should I do about dosing…with or without other meds? with or without food?

Thanks!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

richie
    Participant

Hi If you are taking the minocycline with your other supplements you have most likely negated the effectiveness of the minocycline –The calcium supplement is certain to absorb the mino rendering it useless —you should try to take it away from other meds supplements or food for 2 hours before and two hours after
    Richie

Airen
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply!! I will definitely take alone from now on!!!

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

SS
    Participant

Hi I took my Minocin at night before going to bed for few days and got some stomach problems so I stopped taking at night.

I think it irritated my stomach layer on lying position so started taking at day time 2 hours away from supplements and food.

Thanks
    Regards
    SS

jasregadoo

I’ve heard of the issue SS describes. You may or may not have the same problem. I take my dose before bed, and haven’t had any problems with it.

Airen
    Participant

Thanks for your input guys! I haven’t had any upset tummy I don’t think. I do have to take my LDN at bedtime so to take the mino alone I will have to try mid-morning.

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.