Home Forums General Discussion How many of you have gone into scleroderma remission?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I need to know that I am not gonna die soon.

I need to have hope.

I am a 22 year old who’s never even had a girlfriend, driver’s liscence or anything.

I really want everyone to be honest with me about how much AP can actually help me.

lemons
    Participant

Hello Chris I don’t have scleroderma I have rheumatoid arthritis, but after just 9 months on AP I am in remission. At first I was sceptical about this treatment working but it has. I have not only convinced a rheumatologist that this works but also myself . If either one of my sons (one of them also 22) were ever to be diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, I would make them choose this treatment and Im a mother who wants only the best for them. You sound quite feisty and that is a great character trait when embarking on this route to health. There are lots of people on here with scleroderma, who I know will have a ton of info and encouragement they will pass on to you as soon as they read your posts 🙂

marg
    Participant

Chris, I’m sure Richie will answer you and explain how he recovered from SD. There are others too. You have come to the right place.
    My daughter had mild SD skin lesions which went untreated as doctors told her nothing could be done. Seven years later when she was diagnosed with RA and started AP, she was surprised to notice after close to a year that the SD lesions were shrinking ( even though she was not on the SD regime). She is in complete remission from the RA .

Get informed ( on this site) and find a doctor you can work with. You’re going to be OK!

marg

Krys
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    I have never done the tests to check if I had any scleroderma antibodies, in fact I have never seen a rheumy. I treated Lyme and co-infections and 90% of my symptoms, some of which were consistent with Scleroderma, are gone.
    I have never even checked the full list of SD symptoms, I only recognize the ones below because they were mentioned here on RBF.
    I had leather-like, thick, dark skin patches, all my wrinkles disappeared, I could not make a smile, I had difficulty swallowing, I had at times severe carpal tunnel (this one is not completely gone yet), Bells Palsey of the gut, Reynold’s, diminished tactile sensation. I lost all the hair on my arms and legs, developed sores that would not heal, swelling of fingers and toes with shiny thickened skin, especially thick, cracking skin around nails, loss of cuticles. I don’t know if it’s one of the sx, but I was not capable of standing/walking on my feet 1st thing in the morning. Altogether, counting the fleeting sx that appeared only a few times, I had over 100 of them, some very scary.
    90% of sx, sometimes it feels like 100%, are all gone.
    I am very grateful for finding RBF and AP. I am alive and doing well.

We are only patients here. We can tell you how AP has helped us. Many people on RBF with SD tested positive for Lyme disease and co-infections and once they started to treat Lyme, they got better. Some, like Richie, achieved remission only by doing AP. Some had to incorporate diet, detox + a whole range of supplements and additional therapies.
    You are young and hopefully that will help you achieve remission very soon. Nobody can tell you whether AP itself will be enough or whether you’ll have to do more (diet, detox, massage, etc). But one thing is certain: your chances of beating it fast are better if you start now than if you wait some more years!

If you click on General Discussion above this thread and type in the search window “Scleroderma”, there will be 341 pages of posts containing the word. Page 1 will be your posts, but going further back, you’ll find many inspiring posts, many from the people who beat SD. 🙂
    May your road back to healing be smooth and speedy,
    Krys

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

Thank you so much!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Chris;
    Boy,do I understand your panic.I ended up in the ER so often thinking I was having a heart attack,that the docs thought I was looking for attention.Luckily a doctor from Korea recognized my symptoms and told me I likely had SD.Every test I had was normal and by looking at them the doctor said I was in the best shape a person could be in.Go figure!
    I eventually found out what was giving me so many heart attack symptoms,It was the nerves running along the veins and in the heart that were”excited” due to my skin shrinking and putting pressure on them.After that I just ignored the situation .AP has solved that problem years ago.
    The trick is to take things one day at a time and don’t sweat the small stuff.Panic and stress are the worst things for us

richie
    Participant

Hi -AP can get you all better –I had a real bad case of scleroderma with many many problems –it took a few years but every problem went away —I worked with a doctor up at Harvard who used the antibiotic as well as my locaLinternist to manage the many symptoms such as Raynauds -reflux etc -with other meds —I am now in remission for about 9–10 years and believe me –it was real bad when the scleroderma hit !!!!! But thats all history now –I still take the antibiotic because I dont want to risk relapse —-INcidentally I am still in touch with many many people who had scleroderma and are now in remission –You got a lot of life ahead of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I dont have your disease but instead of that extremely severe crohns. I am 25 years old and since 17 I’ve been incredibly ill. Nothing has helped at all and during all these terrible 8 years, I lost almost all my friends, haven’t had any girlfriend and I also don’t have a driver’s license. But now I am improving more and more altough this therapy wasn’t actually done for crohn’s. THE MESSAGE IS: you should not give up until you have tried everything you could. That’s how I try to live.

Randy
    Participant

Hi Chris,

You came to the right place. AP does work. I read the testimonies of over 50 folks with SD to prove to myself that it was real. They were real people, real addresses, real phone numbers, real emails, etc.

I have been in remission for a long time as well. The sooner you get on AP at the correct Rx for SD, the better. The “conventional protocols” for treating SD don’t work, as far as I know (IGIV may be the exception). Find an AP doc nearby or fly to one. I do.

Also, research on RBF about Jessica. She was young also when she was Dx’d with SD. She recovered very fast, and I believe she is a doc now.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    I have diffuse scleroderma, diagnosed last year and have been on AP for 7 months now. The quicker you start, the quicker it starts to work! I was in bad shape a year ago and headed downhill fast. I am now pain free and loving life. Please give AP a try. It saved my life! I started having symptoms at 37 so I know how it is to be young and feel so old too soon.

Hang in there. AP is a really slow process and it takes patience!

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

@Randy wrote:

Also, research on RBF about Jessica. She was young also when she was Dx’d with SD. She recovered very fast, and I believe she is a doc now.

Randy

Hi Randy! Good to see you here! So glad to hear you are well! You must let me know if you are up in my area visiting your aunt.

I just had to chime in to set the record straight, Jess is not a doc yet, I like to call her 3/4 doc. She has 11 months to go. We are counting down. She just finished her 3rd year, it was rough! Fourth year should be easier, but then…. Residency… It will not be pretty. She is still doing well although I am pretty sure that all the stress and long hours have not been good for her.

Be well,

Cheryl

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.