Home Forums General Discussion How do you reduce spine pain and muscle around it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

My spine is so stuff long with muscle pain..

No biologic until rehumoi gets green light from id.
    How do I reduce paiN? Nothing helps. Please.

PhilC
    Participant

How much doxycycline are you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

I take 200mg daily of doxy

richie
    Participant

Very warm bath upon wakening and the use of a good rub after can help –it helps me –richie

PhilC
    Participant

I take 200mg daily of doxy

You are on a high dose of doxycycline. It took several years of being on antibiotic therapy before I could tolerate that high of a dose, and my condition was never as severe as what you have described.

For patients with less severe or early disease, the IV or IM treatment may not be required as they experience the same result using oral medication exclusively. The optimum standard dosage for these patients is minocycline or doxycycline 100 mg. once daily, Monday, Wednesday and Friday or tetracycline 250 mg. twice daily Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Unlike standard antimicrobial therapy, this method requires the application of new principles of drug administration with low dosage properly spaced, clinically titrated and most often given over a long period of time.

See: Less Severe, Early Disease

By the way, I started on the same dose of doxy that you are on right now. After one week, I knew I wouldn’t be able to stay on that dose. After two weeks, I lowered my dose to 100 mg taken once per day. After two weeks on that dose, I lowered my dose again to 100 mg MWF, and I stayed on that dose for about 18 months (which turned out to be too long, unfortunately).

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Yeahman
    Participant

Hey PhilC,

Can you elaborate on why 100mg doxy MWF for 18 months was too long for you?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

One of the infections I am fighting developed resistance to doxycycline; as a result the doxy lost much of its effectiveness. I should have increased my dose to 100 mg every day as soon as I felt that I was having no trouble tolerating 100 mg on MWF. I probably could have increased my dose to 100 mg daily after being on 100 MWF for six months, and almost certainly after nine months.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

NoRAsomeday
    Participant

I like the cacoon wellness pod, google it. Some salons have them. The combo of infrared and vibrations help me. My tailbone hurts sometimes ever since I had a bad bug with a fever this summer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.