Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Hollyanna’s Road Back

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hollyanna
    Participant

Do I have rheumatoid arthritis? Do I have Lyme disease? I live in a

hollyanna
    Participant

I’ve recently passed my 3 month mark and I can say that my abx program is working! This morning I “French” braided my daughter’s hair – 3 months ago I could barely lift my arm enough to touch her head (and she’s little – only 6 yrs old). I’m still stiff and sore and my fingers and wrists are the worst part right now. My ribs are even sore. But I can do so many more things now than I could at the beginning. I look forward to more freedom as time passes. I can’t wait for the day when I can pick my 3 year old up again.

hollyanna
    Participant

I am so happy to report that I am at about 75% -85% of my former capacity. My blood tests from last week were incredible: my SED and my C Reactive results were both NORMAL – for the first time in 2 years! And it is true – I have almost no inflammation anymore. My RA factor was 87 in June and is now down to 41.4. I walk my daughter to school every morning – about a mile total. And I can do so many things now that I couldn’t even try to do 3 months ago. I can dry my feet off when I get out of the shower. I can get dressed all by myself – and in record time. I still can’t pick up my little baby (well, she’s now almost 4) but I can sit on the bed and hold a book to read to her. I couldn’t even hold a book up in April. My wrists are still weak and I still have some minor flare ups in my shoulders and my jaw – but compared to what I’ve been through, that pain just reminds me I am alive and that I am so grateful every day for my husband, my LLMD, and especially for The Road Back.

I plan to stay on the antibiotics and the supplements as long as it takes. And, if I go off them and it starts to come back, I will go back on them.

hollyanna
    Participant

I am still working on my arthritis. I seem to be in a bit of a back slide – not much of one, thankfully, but my arms and shoulders and especially my left wrist are worse. My doctor had me on Azithromycin for about 6 weeks. It did not seem to have any effect and my wrists and shoulders get slowly worse. I’m also a little disappointed in my long distance LLMD. I visted him in NY in February – my husband and I flew from Georgia to NY and we paid for a place to stay and of course we paid for the visit. The visit consisted of a little bit of discussion with the doctor (mostly about some things HE was going through), a fairly expensive radio therapy session with a technician, a little more time with the nurse and then a brief physical exam (didn’t even take my shoes off) and farewell. A month later we had a phone consultation – for which he charges me a good bit of money – and he basically just took me off the zith. And again we discussed some things he was going through and he thought it was awesome that he could even make the call that night. I just feel like he doesn’t put any effort into understanding what is going on with me PERSONALLY. Frustrating – especially when I pay $225 for a 10 minute telephone call resulting only in taking me off one of my antibiotics. (He didn’t even refill my other anti-biotics – which is what he usually does.) I feel bad about a negative update. But it is what it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.