Home Forums General Discussion Hey thyroid cystas (and bros)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

If you are on the fence about going gluten-free, this article may help you decide.  I've read all of his articles (more listed at bottom of page) and it has sure helped connect the dots for me.

http://thehealthyskeptic.org/the-gluten-thyroid-connection

Take care……..kim (gluten-free girl ;))

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Thanks Kim for this great article. I have gone to the Chinese Food market and get the real rice noodles they taste so much better than the rice spahettis. I just add a few drops of sesami oil to them when they are done and I have some great tasting spaghettis. I found a great recipe from P.F.Chang (Singapore Street noodles) and I can make it all gluten-free. Found Udi's bread and muffins and will not go back to those frozen rice breads. I know I feel so much better being gluten-free.

I tell you I have some great German friends. They cooked at least four meals for us and all gluten-free. They checked with me what I could eat and not and the next thing I know people showed up with a full meal for me and my family.

I had some antibiotic iv's in the hospital and my hands look like normal again. So I asked a friend that workes at the hospital to send me an itemized statement to see what they gave me and it looks like they gave me Cipro before the surgery three times and on Sunday and Monday before I transfered to the rehab (had started to run a low grade fever, they think it was from the catheder). My hands are so nice, haven't been like this for several years. I may talk to Dr. K. to see if I can have it again if by chance they start peeling again.

Thanks again,

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Maz
    Keymaster

Great article, Kim…thoroughly enjoyed the read and the information. Thanks for sharing! 😀

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

I had some antibiotic iv's in the hospital and my hands look like normal again. So I asked a friend that workes at the hospital to send me an itemized statement to see what they gave me and it looks like they gave me Cipro before the surgery three times and on Sunday and Monday before I transfered to the rehab (had started to run a low grade fever, they think it was from the catheder). My hands are so nice, haven't been like this for several years. I may talk to Dr. K. to see if I can have it again if by chance they start peeling again.

Well, Eva, that's one good that came from your hip surgery…….you now know Cipro works well for your hands! 🙂  I guess you'll never know if you herxed thanks to the strong pain meds you were on post-op. 😉  New hip, good hands…..you're good to go. :blush:

Take care…..kim

p.s. Cipro is used in Lyme tx too.

Peach73
    Participant

Thanks for posting this article Kim!  I just found out this year that I have hypothyroidism and gluten intolerance/possible celiac.  That, along with RA….all makes me wonder about gluten causing all my problems in the first place.  I have been reading about gluten and the thyroid lately and also leaky gut and the immune system.  It all makes sense!  I wonder if it will be possible to turn the hypothyroidism around by continuing to be gluten free?  That would be great 🙂

JOJO19551
    Participant

Thanks Kim for the information about the thyroid.  Interesting timing, my husband is having thyroid surgery on Monday afternoon for suspicious cells of this thyroid.  We are doing tons of reading about the thyroid gland.  Please pray for a successful surgery.  JoAnn

Kim
    Participant

[user=514]JOJO19551[/user] wrote:

Thanks Kim for the information about the thyroid.  Interesting timing, my husband is having thyroid surgery on Monday afternoon for suspicious cells of this thyroid.  We are doing tons of reading about the thyroid gland.  Please pray for a successful surgery.  JoAnn

So sorry your husband's going through a worrying surgery.  Sending best wishes your way for a good outcome. 😕

Take care…..kim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Hey thyroid cystas (and bros)’ is closed to new replies.