Home Forums General Discussion Help: Streptococcus found in knee joint & blood

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    monmar
    Participant

Recently had my knee aspirated for DNA testing and strep was found as well as in my blood sample. According to Dr.Brown this could be the culprit behind my crippling arthritis. Doc prescribed me Penicillin 300mg, 4 times a day… Has anyone else treated their arthritis due to strep infection? If so, HOW!? Would love some more insight on this. I’ve read Dr. Brown’s book over and over but don’t see anything but penicillin and ampicillin treatment for it. Any advice, readings would be super helpful!

Thank you in advance!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Monmar,

Yes, it’s one of the reasons Dr. Brown used IV Clindamycin.

Effectiveness of Clindamycin and Intravenous Immunoglobulin, and Risk of Disease in Contacts, in Invasive Group A Streptococcal Infections

There is another study at the foot of the Research section of this site showing the efectivenesss of Clindamycin in penetrating joint tissue within an hour of administration.

RA Research/Clindamycin

Some oral macrolides (Brown also used the “mycins” – see Scammell book) may also be helpful depending on strep strain variation. Some research shows cross-resistance with macrolides and clindamycin, however.

Clindamycin: new look at an old drug

Pharmacology of clindamycin
    Clindamycin displays activity to the above pathogens by inhibiting protein synthesis via binding to bacterial ribosomes, thus its use in treating streptococcal toxin disease. The macrolide antibiotics (including azithromycin) bind to the same ribosomal site, and thus, these antibiotics should not be used together, as antagonism will occur.

More on streptococcus and its variations as related to RA here:

RA Research/Streptoccocus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.