Home Forums General Discussion Help? I just found out I have arterial blockage :(

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  A Friend 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #308478
    Anonymous
    Participant

    I just had an ultra fast CT scan and it shows that I have a 55-60% blockage of the Left Anterior Descending artery. The cardiologist allowed me to have this test for peace of mind after months of random Atypical chest pains (which I rarely have but when I do I panic). Before this test I had an echocardiogram and stress test and both were fine (except trivial amount of fluid presents). I have a very good diet, cholesterol 204, good blood pressure (except for when I’m panicking) and I am not overweight. I walk 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and consider myself to be healthy and feeling good most all days (the AP protocol has really helped in reducing my pain).

    He basically said, consider a statin and take an aspirin everyday. This has really frightened me to think this artery is so blocked and I was wondering if anyone else has had a blocked artery like this and what they did. I wonder if there is something out of balance with the supplements I am taking??

    If anyone can comment or help in any way I would be most grateful!!! I really want to know also if anyone has had the experience of this reversing?

    Thanking you all in advance!!! <3

    #373354
    Maz
    Keymaster

    @robertaangelina wrote:

    He basically said, consider a statin and take an aspirin everyday. This has really frightened me to think this artery is so blocked and I was wondering if anyone else has had a blocked artery like this and what they did. I wonder if there is something out of balance with the supplements I am taking??

    The problem is that cholesterol (that acts like a bandaid to injured artery linings), causing blockage, is the end result and not the cause. Chronic inflammation that damages arterial linings, caused by infections embedded in biofilms lining the arterial vascular endothelium are likely culprits, because biopsies of these sclerotic lesions are teaming with infections. In effect, bacteria that are up to no good in the arteries are able to just sit there and do their dirty work, while cholesterol swims past them, like a veritable McDonald’s drive-thru.

    Link to following recent science article doesn’t seem to be working, but if you type in the title of the article into your browser, it should pop up;

    “Bacteria in Arteries May Be ‘Ticking Time Bombs,’ Researchers Say”
    By Charles Choi, Contributing Writer | June 23, 2014 12:27pm ET

    http://www.livescience.com/46465-bacteria-in-arteries-may-be-ticking-time-bombs-researchers-say

    Heavy metals seem to play a role in creating and perpetuating these biofilms in which bugs thrive. It’s probably why there is such a problem with biofilm perpetuating infections in medical metal prostheses, such as joint implants and metal fillings in dentisty.

    http://aimmd.com/articles/heavy-metals-and-their-link-to-heart-disease/

    See you’re using some complementary therapies, like LDN, BHRT and Armor for your thyroid. Are you working with an integrative doc, RobertaAngelina? If so, have they tested you for heavy metals? I have read of folks having great success with reversing cardio-vascular disease with chelation. This site has lots of research to back up the claims for this, but would suggest talking with a doc who is knowledgeable in the treatment and seeing if you would be a candidate:

    http://gordonresearch.com/inner.cfm?itemCategory=46981&priorId=46753

    This is just one thing to research as a possibility that could help (and one or two others if interested). Other methods are reducing oxidation in the body with detoxification methods, like raising glutathione levels and treating with IV antioxidative therapies. All things that are available to research online. Would also research “systemic” (not digestive) enzymes for reducing fibrin. This site is selling a product, but it has a pretty good description of how systemic enzymes work. These can’t be used alongside blood-thinners like aspirin or statins, though, because it would cause too much blood-thinning:

    http://www.neprinol.com/

    Interestingly, one of the reasons it’s suggested folks use daily oral Vit C with their minocycline is to prevent the blue/gray hyperpigmentation that can occur…these patches have been linked to accumulations of iron under the skin, because minocycline is so lipohilic and chelative. The heavy metals bind to chelative elements, but also need help to be expelled from the body…hence, the Vit C.

    Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

    #373353
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Hi Maz,

    Thank you for all the info which I will read through. I see Dr. F in Riverside but I live in Florida :(. Do you know anyone in the northeast Florida area?? My GP here is fairly progressive in his thinking but I feel like he doesn’t spend enough time looking at the WHOLE picture. His appointments are held to 15 minutes and he basically just throws out…’Well you could try this…” Again, I don’t really trust some of his ideas because he doesn’t spend the time to take a good look at everything. Not to mention I feel so overwhelmed already with the current regimen I’m on. I need to update the bottom, and add a few more supplements to it. Ugh…

    #373356
    Maz
    Keymaster

    @robertaangelina wrote:

    Hi Maz,

    Thank you for all the info which I will read through. I see Dr. F in Riverside but I live in Florida :(. Do you know anyone in the northeast Florida area?? My GP here is fairly progressive in his thinking but I feel like he doesn’t spend enough time looking at the WHOLE picture. His appointments are held to 15 minutes and he basically just throws out…’Well you could try this…” Again, I don’t really trust some of his ideas because he doesn’t spend the time to take a good look at everything. Not to mention I feel so overwhelmed already with the current regimen I’m on. I need to update the bottom, and add a few more supplements to it. Ugh…

    Yea, that’s the “managed care” system for ya.

    There is one integrative LLMD in Jacksonville…would that work for you? I’ll PM her contact info for you to check out.

    Severe, swift onset RA as a result of Lyme disease
    Current Meds: Biaxin (500mg BID), Tetracycline (500mg BID), Tirosint (88mcg), Liothyronine (10 mcg), Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin, LDN (3mg), Topical Progesterone,
    Current Supps: Curcumin, Bovine Colostrum, ALA. NAC, Milk Thistle, Super Liquid Folate/B12/B-Complex, Probiotics, Vit D3
    Supportive Measures: IV Myer's Cocktails, IV Glutathione, FIR Sauna, Gluten-free diet, Gym.

    #373355
    richie
    Participant

    Hi Just maybe the cause is the CoQ10 whose principal ingredient is calcium carbonate — a lot of discussion about calcium carbonate causing artery blockage —-Give me traditional approaches —and traditional doctors –I cant see how one doctor can treat the whole body –no one is that smart to completely learn about all the systems of the body —
    richie

    #373357
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Just popping in to leave a new post as I have updated my signature line :).

    #373358
    Trudi
    Participant

    This doctor, http://www.timsmithmd.com/, has a free download “Outsmarting the Number One Killer A Science-based Program for Reversing Atherosclerotic Plaque, Heart Attacks & Strokes”.

    I think you will come away with some valuable information.

    Take care,
    Trudi

    Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

    #373359
    Linda L
    Participant

    Hi, Also you can consider:
    ” Research confirms that vitamin K2 is the single most important nutritional factor in preventing and even reversing arterial blockages. Adding menaquinone to the diet will activate MGP /matrix gla protein/ to reduce arterial calcium content by 50% over just a six-week period. Blood vessels are not irreparably damaged by the plaque, as you might expect. Apparently, vitamin K2 also helps restore arterial flexibility once the calcium has been removed”
    – from the book “Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox” by Kate Rheaume-Bleue.

    Linda L.

    RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia Very low iron Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Oroxine, Mobic, Panadol Osteo, supplements incl. milk thistle, NAC, vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

    #373360
    A Friend
    Participant

    @robertaangelina wrote:

    I just had an ultra fast CT scan and it shows that I have a 55-60% blockage of the Left Anterior Descending artery. The cardiologist allowed me to have this test for peace of mind after months of random Atypical chest pains (which I rarely have but when I do I panic). Before this test I had an echocardiogram and stress test and both were fine (except trivial amount of fluid presents). I have a very good diet, cholesterol 204, good blood pressure (except for when I’m panicking) and I am not overweight. I walk 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and consider myself to be healthy and feeling good most all days (the AP protocol has really helped in reducing my pain).

    He basically said, consider a statin and take an aspirin everyday. This has really frightened me to think this artery is so blocked and I was wondering if anyone else has had a blocked artery like this and what they did. I wonder if there is something out of balance with the supplements I am taking??

    If anyone can comment or help in any way I would be most grateful!!! I really want to know also if anyone has had the experience of this reversing?

    Thanking you all in advance!!! <3

    Roberta,

    After I had written more information down below, replying to your post, I saw and read Maz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.