Home Forums General Discussion Heart palpitations since AP

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vinny
    Participant

[user=2547]redrock[/user] wrote:

But the question is whether a person allergic to sulfA can take something with sulfur in it, which MSM has.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack my own thread, LOL.

Stop the MSM for a couple of days to see if it helps. 7- Keto DHEA also caused heart palps. I have been free of them for several months. It really is a process of elimination.

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Karen R
    Participant

Hi Maria,

Thanks for answering my question and I have another. That sems like alot of antibiotics to be on everyday, twice a day. Have you had any bowel problems because of the high dose.

Karen R

PhilC
    Participant

But the question is whether a person allergic to sulfA can take something with sulfur in it, which MSM has.

“Sulfa” refers to the sulfa drugs (sulfonamides), not sulfur (aka sulphur). There are vitamins and amino acids that contain sulfur, so sulfur itself is obviously not the problem.

Be sure to avoid monosodium glutamate (MSG), as well as hidden sources of glutamate, as it can cause heart palpitations. I just figured out that glutamate is what was causing my heart palpitations. I'll be posting a more detailed message about this in the near future.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

redrock
    Participant

So to be clear, sulfa is totally different than sulfur?

mschmidt
    Participant

Karen, 

I've been on that regimen, as well as 1200 mg of clindamycin iv's for 5 days in a row every 4th week since March 2008, without any issues.  No issues w/bm's either–I drink a gallon of water every day, as well as get lots of fiber from my diet.

PhilC
    Participant

So to be clear, sulfa is totally different than sulfur?

Yes, that's correct.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ Heart palpitations since AP’ is closed to new replies.