Home Forums General Discussion Headspins with new abx combo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have a new combo of abx, Klacid & Dalacin C, which I take at night, only to wake up with massive headspins and they continue till morning, and leaves me feeling very light headed.

Can anyone help, should I take them at different times, I also take Rulide & Cilicaine in the morning.

Thanks for any infor……………….Annie

P.S. Docs are away for Christmas..

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – are you taking the cilicaine at the same time as the mino? For many reasons (including the mino may lessen the effect of the cilicaine) you might want to try not doing that. I had a similar reaction some time ago when I took amoxicillin at the same time as the mino…….intermittent very strange vertigo – more of a zoom in/zoom out feeling than a spin, but very disorienting. Other than taking the mino and cilicaine as far apart as possible, you may want to try switching the meds around (swop the a.m. for the p.m.) and see how you go. Others may have additional perspectives. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

I am off Mino completely and it only happens when I take the Klacid & Dalacin C at night, it is definately head spins. I take the Cilicaine & Rulude in the morning. I will try just taking one of the abx tonight to see which one is causing the problem, or maybe taking them together is the problem, but Dr D did advise me to take them together.

I have checked on the web to find any info but no luck as yet.

Lynnie are you on Klacid, (Biaxin) I think I read it on your signature line or maybe it was Maz’s……….Thanks Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@Rockin Annie wrote:

Hi Lynnie,

Lynnie are you on Klacid, (Biaxin) I think I read it on your signature line or maybe it was Maz’s……….Thanks Annie

Yes Annie – am now on Klacid (drug is chlarithromycin) and it’s been put into in my sig line. Very confusing all these different brand names in different countries, huh? Like Biaxsig is one brand of roxithromycin as is Rulide in Australia – when Biaxin in the U.S. is chlarithromycin ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• .

I added in Klacid and Fungilin lozenges a few weeks back and havent had any symptoms such as vertigo, head spins. K.D. didnt give me a timetable for the new regime so, for now, I’m doing my own. I take amoxycillin syrup and biaxsig in the mornings, klacid and fungilin at lunchtime and ceclor in the evening MWF. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie, Just one more question do you have the 4hr window around you abx or do you eat with food?……Annie

Lynnie just realised I am practically on the same combo as you, just checked the different names. How are you doing on this combo?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@Rockin Annie wrote:

Thanks Lynnie, Just one more question do you have the 4hr window around you abx or do you eat with food?……Annie

Lynnie just realised I am practically on the same combo as you, just checked the different names. How are you doing on this combo?

I think I’m on a bit more than you – the ceclor and the fungilin (assume your cilicaine kind of equates to my amoxycillin syrup!). I was not doing so well a little while ago after going back on to abx after 10 months on nothing (severe liver crisis – detailed in my progress thread in case you werent around then). They seemed to kick in nicely, then about 2 months later I started to get some (new) more classic rheumatoid symptoms in my fingers as well as intermittent just-shoot-me excruciating palindromic attacks in tendons and generally connective tissue. KD thinks I may have had mild swine flu (I did have 2 bouts of a very mild flu) which changed my body’s response to abx – happens alot apparently. So, we’re trialling upping abx to 3 days – was only on 2 and taking very, very low doses – as a precaution with my liver. As my liver results were all aok, have upped days, a couple of doses and added 2 more to the mix. I cant really say too much at this point because it’s very early (only about week 3 or 4). But the “rheumatoid pain” in my fingers which was there all the time diminished pretty quickly and has now pretty well gone. Have had the odd short, shap attack but could be more of a herx and nothing like as severe as before.

Apart from the dizziness, how are you doing? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Lynnie, I do hate being on all the abx, makes me feel a touch better knowing you are on more than me lol !

Do you still do the 4 hr window with your abx?

You aked how I was doing, well I was managing ok till last August and then everything went hay wire, my feet, knees was added to the already painful joints. My neck is giving me heaps, I have been going to the Physio twice a week and pilates to try to loosen it up, even tried the chiro and just last week went to the oestopath. I think David does more for me than the whole lot of them put together, without the cost.

Dr D put me back on to mtx much to my disgust, but have been on it for about 7 weeks, I also put myself onto 200mgs of Mino and cut out the Cilicaine and Rulide and for the last 2 weeks have felt something a little better, the lumps on the side of both wrists have gone down and my knees and feet feel so much better. so I don’t know what has cause the change the mtx or increased Mino. Now Dr D has taken me off mino and given me a cocktail so will have to see.

Just today I have cleaned the windows and blinds in my bedroom, I might add I have been so fatigued I have been staying in bed till lunch time. I love this change in me and hope it lasts just a little longer.

I Have tried to get onto your history for the last week but keeps coming up failed, did you know?…………..Annie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Annie – no I dont do a four hour window. I just take the biaxsig/rulide an hour before eating. The others, if I can, also at least an hour , sometimes two on one or other side of a meal.

BTW, try going to page 2 of my Personal Historuy thread. It seems that the earlier posts that I composed in Word format and then transposed to the Forum did not get translated to the language of the new forum (all tech stuff). However, as far as I’ve been able to see, most of 2nd page comes up okay.

KD also ran the mtx possibility past me when I thought my left ring finger was possibly distorting. She said “we dont want you deformed Lyn” and said that mtx can sometimes work well with abx to halt progression if that is becoming an issue. I refused but she wants me to let LW at least test it on me when I am next there – and I will do that. It sounds to me that you have probably shown up a number of infections and possibly Lyme being in the mix. I would call or talk to LW about getting a list of what’s come up for you. I would say that is undoubtedly the reason that you are on a ‘cocktail’. However, you do have to be proactive about asking for the list of what was found. I didnt find out mine till much later in the piece and it was in a phone consult with LW. If you do have a number of infections, it may take a while to get a regime that suits you and it may need to change on a rolling basis. If you read the stories from the Lymies on this board, you will note that the road to wellness is a concerted and lengthy exercise. One last thing – if you are going to change anything, it may just serve you to try one thing at a time (as hard as that sometimes is). My problem is that I’ve apparently developed an allergy to both mino and doxy, so they are off my list completely now. I hope you continue to feel better Annie. Lynnie .

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.