Home Forums General Discussion has pm changed this board?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

Has anyone noticed that it seems like more posts drop off without replies than they used to?  I'm just wondering if it is possible that people are responding in private messages, as opposed to posting a reply.

Guilty!!!!  But only if it is something like a location or physician we have seen personally that I do not want publicly on the board. 

I hope everyone will keep posting everything they used to post on the old board.  We will still have lurkers who never post, and a newbie may not post if it appears no one ever replies. 

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Jennhere
    Participant

I agree with you.  I still advocate a board where discussions are broken down into forums.  It's easier to navigate.  If you have a discussion forum for Newbies- that's where they'll head first thing.  Test the waters, ask the “embarassing” newbie questions… and it's where the regulars who want to lend a hand can go to offer their sage advice..:P  I think the current set-up is too convoluted.  I, for one, do not go to page 2 of the general discussion.  It's just the beginning of a bunch of posts that are so disorganized and I'm not going to take the time to sort it all out…on a daily basis.  So, if a question that was unanswered drops off the first page of General Discussion… for me, it's history.

So, my envolvement is limited to the the first page of “general discussion”.  If there were sub-topics or forums with categories that were more clear, I wouldn't notice the extra effort to click on them.  This current board is in need of order.  I know some people are against that because it seems so much more different than the old board.  But – this is not the old board.  It needs to be handled differently.  JMO.

Jenn

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I too was concerned about this issue as so many of the exchanges are of potential benefit to the group.I hope that the PMs are used for off topic discussions or if we need to share information about specific doctors which is not appropriate for the open forum.

Cheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ has pm changed this board?’ is closed to new replies.