Home Forums General Discussion Hands

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

I look at other sites relating to RA and a lot say don’t move the joints. The best thing I HAVE DONE OVER THE PAST THREE MONTHS IS MOVE ! I HAVE FORCED MY FINGERS TO STRAIGHTEN AND MADE MY KNEEES TAKE ME PLACES. I get annoyed with the lady on the big RA info site as she seems to have given up. I read the blogs by Kelly and I think , If you are so ill and in so much pain, why not give AP a try ???? When I was getting the symptoms and googling for dear life I would always land on Kellys site. Whenever I did I always logged off with a sense of no hope. I think the people that go for this therapy will one day be rewarded and then we will all say….”I told you so”.

Woods1977
    Participant

Hey Lemons,

I

quilter
    Participant

I love your post. I will continue to baby my hands forever. I like to be able to use them (for quilting etc.). I just can’t believe it when I find out that someone will not take care of their hands ie. massage and exercise. I really believe the AP cured my hands but I am a fanatic about using a mixture of bag balm and tiger balm to massage the hands once or twice a day as needed. The arthritis in my hands was totally halted. But I cannot get my brother or my friend to do anything; their hands are stiff and swollen. My brother’s is from diabetes. I agree with you totally. It is so frustrating when others will not listen; and they only do what their doctor recommends. And by the way, stretching is the very best it allows the synovial fluid to lubricate the joints!!! 😆
    Your friend,
    carol

Dancing feet are Happy feet!
    Nov 2007 Raynauds, Jan 2008 Carpal tunnel, Aug 2008 Rotator cuff, May 2008 MCTD, July 2013 H.Pylori, Aug 2015 Vaginal Atrophy
    Medications: Minocycline 100 mg MWF, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, Acidophilus 1-3 a day, Estradiol patch
    Vitamins etc.: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU a day, Aspirin 325 mg, Magnesium, B6, B12, Beta-carotene, Cranberry, Garlic, Multi Vitamin, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin with Boswellia & Manganese, & MSN, Grape Seed Complex, Meta

lemons
    Participant

Dear Quilter Im so glad you agree with me as I truly believe in making the body move, even when it doesn’t want to. If you lived in the UK you would be a very wealthy woman as real quilted bed spreads, cushions, table cloths etc are very much in vogue here this year ! x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.