Home Forums General Discussion hand issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello everyone, as you remember not t long ago I was hospitalised and had several different IVs. I thought the first three IVs I had were antibiotics so I ask the hospital to send me a printout of all the meds I had received and what date, I took it to Dr.K and she looked through all the stuff and told me that they had given me a very strong anti-hystamin for several days, she thinks it was because the pain meds made me not hungry and I felt somewhat sick to my stomach. Now here is the odd thing, after I had received this medication my hands went back to normal almost overnight:? and I had thought it was an antibiotics that they gave me, but my hands looked real good  already. So I gave the read-out to Dr. K and she thinks that I have some kind of allergy that keeps my hands so red and peeling. So now she writes me a scripte for Pepsid AC (not over the counter one) and something else, she is putting me on Magnesium Calm. She thinks that my stomach still has issues and maybe this will help. She said lets try this for a couple of months before we go to the Cipro which I had the last two days in the hospital. My hands are starting to look yuck again, not as bad as before but just enough to bother me.

Any thoughts?

Eva:?

Eva Holloway

Parisa
    Participant

Eva,

http://histame.com/what-is-food-intolerance

Here's a link that discusses how some people don't break down histamine which is found in certain foods and then have symptoms which can include skin rashes. 

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Parisa,

Thank you very much for the info on histamine issues. I hope the medication Dr. K. gave me will help, but I may need to look into a histamin supplement. I want to get to the bottom of this problem.

Eva:?

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

three days on the Pepsid AC and my hands are looking better already, figure that. So now I need to find out what is causing the problem. I have had this for almost five years and never figured out what is wrong. Need to check what food has a high amount of histamins and if I eat it too much, or a combination of it.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Parisa
    Participant

Eva,

Glad to hear you may have found something to help your hands.  I had just seen an ad for Histamin in my Living Without magazine when I saw your post.  Happy coincidence!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ hand issue’ is closed to new replies.