Home Forums General Discussion Good lab results

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just got labs back after 4 weeks on minocycline 50mg MWF.  The CRP was previously 220, now 129 with normal range being 0-.75 according to my lab.  Sounds good to me.

THe SED rate was previously 60 and is still 60.

Any comments.

mschmidt
    Participant

I think it's fabulous that you are experiencing improvement in labs 4 weeks into starting Minocin!  Congrats:)

My only comment about your sed rate, is to keep watching it and see what happens.  Having a baseline is a good start so you can monitor your progress.

Maria

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I have been doing AP for six months under the supervision of my primary doc. We did blood work at the start in Feb. I don't remember my exact CRP and Sed rate, but he told me they were very high, indicating the RA was very active.  I did blood work again just before my last check up three weeks ago. He walked in the room and told me we were not changing a thing with my dosing, my CRP and Sed rate were now normal! :DWe are both thrilled, and I have been on a steady improvement since starting AP, and feel that this treatment is working for me.

Joanne

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Maria and Joanne-

THanks for your comments.

Since my CRP went down significantly but the SED rate stayed the same, is the SED rate harder to treat?  Does it take longer to change?

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I am far from being an expert on all of these labs we go through, and I don't know how or  when you should achieve an improvement in your SED rate. But the fact that your CRP went down so much seems to be a good result. And like Maria said, keep an eye on that sed rate. I am so happy over my results and wanted to let you know how pleased I am with AP, but feel that it does take time, these results took me 6 months and I have had my share of flares along the road. You saw a significants CRP result in 4 weeks. I had great results in both CRP and SED rate in 6 months. I have Ra, and my primary doc has overseen my treatment and based my dosing on my brother's AP results, who has achieved remission for RA with AP. I have had such great improvements, walking up and down stairs, opening bottles, cleaning my home, cooking, gardening, etc.  I do think it takes a while to achieve improvements, and everyone is different, so keep up with the labs and the AP. Joanne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Good lab results’ is closed to new replies.