Home Forums General Discussion "Giant Generic Drug Scandal: Companies Accused of Price Fixing!"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

From The People’s Pharmacy:
    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2016/12/15/79955/

“The Doxycycline Disaster:
    Doxycycline is a tetracycline-type antibiotic. It was approved under the brand name Vibramycin in 1967. It has been a mainstay in the treatment of a wide diversity of infections for decades. It is prescribed for urinary tract infections, upper respiratory tract infections, chlamydia, cholera, Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. This drug used to be really affordable. One pill could cost as little as 6 cents. In recent years, this old generic drug jumped to as much as $3.65 per pill. That is a 6,000 percent increase! That, in our opinion, is highway robbery.”

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

richie
    Participant

THis is industry wide —an incredible scandal –I dont want to get into politics but absolutely nothing was done to address the situation for years —-just disgraceful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oksana
    Participant

Doxycycline in Ukraine costs 30 cents for 10 pills. It has always been very cheap in our country. I wonder if this price jumping reaches us…

Oksana
    Participant

On the contrary, Mino costs 30 dollars for 10 pills (= 5 days of use). Personally I can’t afford that. 180 dollars is 1/3 of a GOOD Ukrainian monthly salary (good if a person doesn’t live in Kyiv). On top of that we have no insurance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.